𝟹𝟶

Ch 𝟹𝟶:Could've Been____

Ch 𝟹𝟶:
Could've Been
____

3:13pm
THE NEXT DAY
Mir's House

"You ready?" Mari asked her son as she stood in Mir's kitchen, leaning back against the island with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Mhm!" Sani nodded, nearly bouncing from excitement as he sat on the island stool. He wore the MM6 Maison Margiela Kids Logo Hoodie, some slim Amiri jeans Mir had bought him (at Mari's dismay), and a pair of Wolf Grey Nike Dunks.

"My bad, y'all ready?" Mir came down the stairs, sliding his phone into his jeans. Mari nodded and pushed herself off of the island, trying not to look around too much. Just being in the house she once lived in with Mir was bringing back a whole bunch of unwarranted memories.

Mir watched as Mari helped their son down from the stool. He wasn't paying attention to her outfit before since he was on the phone, but now that he wasn't distracted he could properly admire her. She wore a black Naked Wardrobe bodysuit, the Louis Vuitton Mixed Leather Varsity Blouson, a pair of Sea Salt Bottega Veneta Tire Boots and a pale blue Small Antigona bag by Givenchy. She looked beautiful, as usual, but something about her with mid-length wavy hair did it for him.

"New wig?" Mir spoke, nodding his chin at her.

Mari couldn't help but laugh. "They're called tape-ins, Samiron. It's not a wig."

"Oh. Okay...?" He spoke, scrunching his face up. He didn't understand the difference. It was all horse hair to him.

"Did you get him these Amiri jeans?" Mari asked as she pointed a finger down at Sani. Samiron looked at her like she was dumb for even asking that question and nodded. "Samiron. I thought we agreed—"

"Listen, I seen them at Bergdorf and they was his size so I just got 'em. I know we talked about cutting down on the designer clothes, but I ain't agree to nothing to be honest with you. That was you talking and me listening."

Rolling her eyes at him, Mari took ahold of her son's hand and motioned Mir to walk in front of them. They'd both previously talked about not spending money on useless designer items that Sani was going to grow out of quickly. Regardless of the brand-name items Sani was constantly dressed in, he still had his fair share of spider man shoes and cartoon tees that he wore as well. Neither Mari nor Mir believed in dressing kids as adults and they wanted Sani to enjoy being able to wear whatever he wanted. So if he wanted to wear light-up shoes, thats what he was going to wear.

Mir switched off all the lights as they walked to the foyer. As Mari stood behind him, letting him disengage the house alarms, her eyes landed on a pink Fendi FF Buckle bag sitting on the side table near the front door. Her eyebrows pinched together as she studied the bag from afar, wondering who had forgotten it over here.