𝟹𝟸

Ch 𝟹𝟸:Trauma Bonds____

Ch 𝟹𝟸:
Trauma Bonds
____

1:22pm
A FEW DAYS LATER
Dr. Wittiker's Office (Samiron's Psychiatrist/Psychologist and Therapist)

Mir and Dr. Wittiker smiled over at Sani who played silently with the toys sitting in the corner of the office. Samiron often forgot that his therapist was also Aijah's mom. So when he told her he was bringing his mini plus-one to his session today, she made sure she put out toys she knew Sani would like to keep him occupied. After all, she'd babysat him before so she knew more about him than the average person did.

Facing Samiron again, Dr. Wittiker, adjusted her spiral journal on her lap. "You said there was something you needed to get off your chest?" She spoke, bringing Mir's attention back to her.

Upon hearing that, he exasperatedly rubbed a hand over his face. The concept of therapy and telling someone all his thoughts aloud was still new to him, and it was times like this that he regretted even choosing to go down this path. Regardless of whether or not Dr. Wittiker was Aijah's mother or not, he was still only familiar with getting deep with one person — Mari. Knowing he couldn't do that anymore is what pushed him to seek a therapist in the first place.

Samiron shook the hesitation out of his head and took a deep breath before speaking. "The other day at Sani's birthday party, I brought this girl that I been getting to know. She met most of my people and sh- stuff, but my OG said something that made me, I don't know, like doubtful about myself I guess."

Dr. Wittiker nodded and jotted down a few notes before asking, "And what did he say?"

"He told me to make sure I'm not using Lika as a form of distraction from my babymomma's relationship."

"And what do you think?" Dr. Wittiker tilted her head to the side, focusing her attention on Mir's facial expression, "Do you think you're using her as a distraction?"

Samiron twisted his lips, thinking of the right answer. Before he could respond though, Dr. Wittiker followed up with, "Before you answer my question, I want to let you know that for you to be using Person B as a distraction from Person A's relationship, you must've not gotten over Person A before you pursued Person B to begin with."

Mir moved his eyes away from his therapist, staring at the wall behind her. Now he was seriously regretting coming here because he knew his therapist wouldn't let him walk out of this room without fully answering both of her questions — both of which were questions he completely avoided talking or thinking about.

Are you over Mari for real?

Are you using Lika as a way to distract you from Mari's relationship, and to convince yourself that your moving on from her just like she moved on from you?