PSA PSA PSA!

Damn I feel like I gotta do these once every few chapters but here we are ig.

I'm well aware that i've turned into the author that always got something to complain abt — and I've always hated those typa authors as a reader — but once I started writing myself, I realized why authors are the way that they are.

To a lot of y'all it seems like I always address this, and I do, but some people still can't seem to grasp this very simple concept so here we go again;

I HAVE A LIFE. Period. I work TWO jobs and have school outside of that. I'm sorry, but Wattpad is not paying me to write.. I write because I enjoy it & I love how engaged my readers are with not only my books, but with me too. (I just realized ppl might assume I'm struggling or something cause I said I work 2 jobs — I'm not struggling, I just like money)

So allat "she takes forever to update" bs or the passive aggression that y'all think goes unnoticed in my comments can really go out the window.

Trust & believe I don't have time to be writing 6000+ word chapters every other day (if I could I WOULD, but i'm human & I have a life just like y'all) so I write when I can..

The only reason I'm bringing it up for the umpteenth time is because my messages & sometimes even my comments have become a place for some of y'all to take y'all frustrations out about my updating schedule. & what's crazy to me is that some of my fav authors take months to update, but my lil' 3 weeks is suddenly an issue..

And for all the people desperate for an update because they love my book, THANK YOU!! I love that every chapter has you guys feigning for more & it really does make me happy to know that y'all be so hype about every update because I put thought into each and every chapter.

I'd rather take more time to put out a good quality chapter then put out some trash ass chapter in 2 days (unless it was pre-written).

And the second thing I wanted to address is people who are upset with the direction this book is going ->

In the first book it was obvious who mari & mir were going to end up with ... EACH OTHER. the entire point of their relationship in this book is that y'all DONT KNOW who they're going to end up with.

I understand some of yall might want mari to stay with savior, and some of yall might want her to get back with mir.. but this book is literally based off of uncertainty — whether that be with mari & mir, aijah & rell, mir & malika, savior & mari, etc.

Everyone has their opinion on characters & thats 1000% okay! But saying shit like "if mari stays/gets back with mir/savior I'm not reading" does not change the way I write this book AT ALL because...

I don't give a fuck, sorry.

Ig it's just the unnecessary ass, passive aggressive ass comments that are just so weird to me cause at the end of the day... this is just A BOOK. Like??? 😭😭😭

Like I said, Not liking characters is OKAY! I never wrote any book thinking that everyone is going to like every single character, that's never been the goal. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I'm not gonna take that away from y'all.

But for the millionth time; THIS IS MY BOOK! If you don't like it, don't read. It's so simple. Like it's really crazy to me how some people will sit here & comment unwanted shit & complain about something new every single chapter, but still be the first ones to read the second I update..

Ik my book is good but damn, stand on what you say.

A lil edit;

some of y'all are literally living in a fantasy world. Obviously my book is fictional but I try to make it as realistic as possible EMOTION WISE. If you're TRULY in love with someone & you're convinced you're going to spend the rest of your life with them, you wont get over them in just a few years.. (or ever in some cases)

so yea, all those "he needs to move on" comments can disappear just like your last nigga did because they may or may not move on, you'll just have to stfu, read & find out.

If you're getting tired of mari & mir, aijah & rell, or any other relationshi; don't read babe because they're all characters for a reason 🤭

Another thing.. people keep telling me to "speed the book up," the answer is a FAT no.

This book has a certain plot & direction that I want it to go. I'm not going to be doing myself any justice by speeding it up to accommodate some of y'all because it's literally going to fuck up my whole storyline & i'm not about to do that.

We haven't even got to chapter 20 yet. We're literally only on CHAPTER 16. So I don't understand how in the world this book is going "slow." If y'all thought this book was going to be one of those; he gets out of jail -> finds her w another man -> she realizes she still loved him -> they get together & live happily ever after; you're sadly sadly mistaken.

But, if it's going too "slow" for you're liking, I would really consider just not reading cause i'm not speeding shit up lol.

& the book isn't even going too slow for some of y'all, it's just that y'all wanna hurry up & get to certain parts of the story that y'all have convinced yourselves will happen.. & then gon get mad at me when they don't.

Constructive criticism is one thing.. but being passive aggressive, or trying to tell me how my book should go, etc. is another thing.

I'ma always keep it 100 with y'all so i'ma just say this, these comments & messages were so irritating to the point that a few months ago I considered discontinuing this book.

I guess me being the nice author gave some people a pass to voice their unwanted, rude opinions about shit but i'm literally letting y'all know now that this book WILL NOT CHANGE because you're upset about it.

It's comical to see that some people really believe their comment will change the direction of this book.. i promise you it's not 🫶🏾

BUT on that note I did want to thank all of my readers period. Nothing makes me happier than updating a chapter & seeing people literally vote a minute after it drops.

I'm so happy to know y'all enjoy this book because regardless of everything I just talked abt, I really do love writing this book. And the plans I have for this book, as well as how much y'all love reading, is what stopped me from discontinuing it.

A huge thank you to the people who give me constructive criticism in the comments, or voice their opinions about characters, or praise every chapter. I'm writing for Y'ALL at the end of the day.

Once again, I don't want to be the "complaining/negative author," but everyone has their breaking point and I've reached that point so I wanted to address everything at once.

The support I receive across all my books definitely outweighs any negatives so I can't thank you guys enough.. 🫶🏾

;

After I published this I realized Stay Down just hit 500k on my backup so thank you guys soo freaking much 💖💖💖💖

We're back on the road to 1 mil 🫣🫣🫣