𝟿

Ch 9:Adrenaline Rush____

Ch 9:
Adrenaline Rush
____

11:43am
THE NEXT DAY | FRIDAY
𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚃𝚇 .

"Honestly Thirty, you stay tellin' me I'm tripping or I'm doing too much. But you never stop to think why I'm acting the way I am." Aijah spoke into the phone that she was holding between her ear and shoulder, as she slid her feet into the brown Valentino Iride Logo Slides that sat next to the front door.

"I just think you be so quick to assume shit. As if we don't got three whole years in this together." Thirty's deep voice replied over the phone. Aijah let out a breath and opened the door, stepping out onto the porch of her 3-story luxury urban townhome. The gust of wind that hit her instantly made goosebumps wash over her skin.

Aijah left the door cracked open and took a seat on the black metal bench, placing the mail she'd collected earlier on her lap while still holding the phone in between her ear and shoulder. Despite the wind, she was thankful that it was warm outside, so she didn't have to worry about throwing anything but a pink Palm Angels Crewneck over the black boy shorts and matching bra set she wore to sleep.

"Bro," She heard Thirty suck his teeth, making her roll her eyes as she flipped through each envelope, "Are you even hearin' me Aijah?"

"I'm actually not hearing you. Excuse me for not wanting to listen to you repeat the same shit you always say." She snapped. She was always a direct female and she didn't beat around the bush about shit. But with Thirty, it felt like he would skate around a certain topic just to piss her off.

"What more do you want me to say? You keep tellin' me I'm moving weird and I'm not prioritizing you but I am." He sighed as Aijah shook her head. She knew what actually trying looked like — and he wasn't doing it. It seemed like he didn't care about what direction their relationship was going in.

"You go a week without a call or text, Thirty. A whole week! Just completely dropped off the face of the Earth. Then you come knocking on my door yesterday actin' all cool like we just planned a sleepover the night before or something." Aijah snapped, furrowing her eyebrows. She isn't the clingy type nor did she feel the need to be up under her man 24/7. She just felt like Thirty's priorities were all out of line, and that included her. He shouldn't have felt comfortable enough to cut all communication off with her for a week and pop back in like shit was all sweet.

Thirty sighed over the phone. "I was literally handling shit with Ry, baby! Here, you wanna ask 'em?"

"No I don't wanna ask Ry's slow ass nothing because I'm not hearing shit a jail-hopper gotta say! That's your cousin, obviously he's gonna take up for you." She rolled her neck, hearing Ry talk his shit in the back. "Oh shut up Ry." She huffed and watched a familiar black 2022 Porsche Panamera come down the street.