𝟷𝟿

I remember a few ppl asking for a Kania pov at the beginning of this book so here y'all go 🫶🏾

Ch 𝟷𝟿:
Mother's Day
____

5:30pm
ONE WEEK LATER
𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗, 𝚃𝚇

5:30pmONE WEEK LATER𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗, 𝚃𝚇

"I'm actually trynna fuck with you, Nia. Like on everything I love you're the only girl I'm even considering talking to." Kania rolled her eyes at the tired line she'd heard a least a million times as she chewed on her french fry. Jovion sat across the table from her, watching as Nia stared at him blankly.

Kania had messed with enough boys to be able to detect an ain't-shit nigga instantly. She knew all the overused sentences, the tricks they thought she was oblivious to, the overheard lies — growing up with 3 brothers gave her that insight too.

But when it came to Jovion? It was harder to call him out on his bullshit because they were both wrapped around each other's fingers. Kania had met Jovion towards the end of her senior year of high school. He had just transferred to Westwood from Chicago and was already one of the finest boys in her graduating class by far.

He also seemed very out the way which was the complete opposite of every other boy she messed with in the past. Nia had a known habit of choosing boys who were either going to traumatize her, fuck up her life, or both.

As soon as they started getting close and the idea of an actual relationship became a reality for the both of them, Jovion was offered a football scholarship at Ohio State University. They were gonna go from seeing each other everyday, in and out of school, to being almost 19 hours away from each other.

The transition didn't sit right with either of them but they couldn't help the way the world worked. As soon as college rolled around, the Facetime calls and texts went from everyday to brief check-ins every few weeks.