𝟸𝟼

Ch 𝟸𝟼:I Belong To You____

Ch 𝟸𝟼:
I Belong To You
____

4:42pm
TWO WEEKS LATER | JUNE 30th
Baffle Point, TX

"I feel like my titties are about to fall off." Aijah whined as she looked at herself in the mirror. Mari stared at her out of the corner of her eye before starting to laugh quietly, trying not to move around too much so the makeup artist could do her job.

"You gone live." Mari waved her best friend off. Aijah's nerves had been getting to her all morning and she wasn't even the one getting married.

"I don't understand how you're not scared. We gone be in front of allem' folks—"

"And their attention isn't even gonna be on us, AJ. Calm your lil' ass down." Mari scolded her through the mirror.

Aijah rolled her lips around before plopping down on the round duvet in the middle of the dressing room, being careful not to wrinkle her brown dress. Mayah and Zion's wedding had came too quick for her liking. It seemed like just yesterday they were trying on their dresses and discussing color themes — and now here they are.

For the most part, the wedding planning went smooth for Mayah and Zion — as in Zion let Mayah do what she wanted and he'd agree to just about anything. He trusted her judgement and with her being a perfectionist, he knew there wouldn't be a chair out of place at their wedding.

Since it was still Summer, they chose to have an outdoor wedding. Mayah chose the secondary color for her wedding to be different shades of brown color, figuring the brown would look pretty against all the outdoor greenery.

The bridesmaids all had floor-length dresses with varying shades of brown and different styles. Mayah's sister, Andrea or Drea, wore a backless, tan dress with the straps wrapping around her neck and ruffled at the waist. Tasia wore a light-brown, one-shoulder dress that wrapped around her mid-section and had a slit trailing up her thigh. Aijah wore a thin-strapped maxi dress that resembled Jessica Rabbit's. But it was criss-crossed in the back and the fabric at the waist was pulled back, giving the illusion of dramatic curves. Mari, who has also the maid of honor, also had a dress with a slit, sitting at the curve of her thigh that you couldn't really notice until she walked. Her strapless, chocolate brown dress matched her eyes, with a corset adorning her front and fabric draping over the chest area.

The four bridesmaids wore heels that matched the color of their dress. The boys wore all black suits, the only brown on them was the handkerchief in their breast pocket, the same color as the girl they were paired with.

Aijah was paired with Rell, Tasia with Duck, Eli with Drea, and conveniently, Mari was paired with Samiron who was the best man.