𝟷𝟶

Ch 10:It Wasn't Supposed to be Like This____

Ch 10:
It Wasn't Supposed to be Like This
____

12:22pm
THE SAME DAY | FRIDAY
𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚃𝚇 .

Swinging the barbershop door open, Samiron didn't acknowledge the presence of anyone around him. The barbershop was full of sound — from the conversations happening across the room from man to man, or King Von's Crazy Story playing on the tv, it was noisy as hell. But Samiron's rage-filled thoughts blurred out all that sound. He stormed past the multiple people who did a double take to see if it was actually him, and went straight to the back where Zion's office sat.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't fucking kill you Zion!" He swung Zion's office door open and slammed it behind him just in time to hear a few conversations halt.

Zion turned his desk chair around to face his brother with a nonchalant look on his face. He was used to being on the receiving end of Samiron's wrath so this wasn't anything new. He was just curious as to what Samiron was up his ass about given the fact that he was just released from prison not even a full 24 hours ago. "The fuck did I do to yo angry ass?"

"You-" Samiron ran his hands over his face and took a deep breath, "You're his boss? You know him?"

Zion let out a breath and leaned forward. He knew this was coming eventually. "So what?"

Samiron opened his mouth to speak but he quickly shut it again. Finding out that Savior worked for Zion blew the fuck out of him and he couldn't really figure out why. Maybe he was angry at himself for not asking questions earlier, or for not giving all of the people who visited him in the penitentiary an opportunity to tell him about Mari's personal life — but either way he was just irritated.

"You're mad that I employ him?" Zion leaned back in his chair and watched his younger brother let out an aggravated breath and sit on the leather couch across from him.

Samiron's silence told Zion all he needed to know. Zion knew that deep down, Samiron seeing Mari and Savior together would finally release all of the feelings he still had for her. Unlike others, Zion knew even with how cold Samiron's demeanor became towards Mari, there was no love lost on his end. He was just waiting for his younger brother to finally admit it to himself — but now it was too late cause she moved on.

Zion sat up a little straighter, "So tell me this — what exactly did you come in here all loud for?" He rhetorically asked, "Because I know for damn sure you're not mad at me because I employ Savior. You're mad at me because it's easy for you to be right now. You're lookin' for someone to direct your anger towards so you chose me."