Prefect

*July 21st*
*Yn's POV*
The girls had all gone home a week ago.
You sat at the Lupin's breakfast table, Sirius and James were having a ridiculous argument. You and Remus were questioning their sanity, and Peter was watching everyone nervously.
Just as Sirius was about to yell that if you tied hot buttered toast to a cat and dropped it, it would float in mid-air, a Hogwarts owl arrived, dropping letters to each of you.
Remus opened his letter first and squealed.
"I'm a prefect" he announced.
"I believe James owes me three galleons" you said smirking.
"Nope, you have to open yours first" said James.
You opened your letter, and were surprised to see a purple piece of parchment inside.
You pulled it out and read aloud.
Dear Ms L/N,
You have been selected, if you wish to accept, for head prefect. The head prefect looks after students from all four houses and represents the student body of Hogwarts.
The staff congratulate you.
Regards,
Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
"Three galleons please" said James triumphantly. You reluctantly handed him the money.
You then took the silver, HP badge out of your envelope and pinned it to your Beatles t-shirt.
👧🏻❤🐺
Mr Lupin and Pettigrew were taking all of the Marauders to Diagon Alley.
When you arrived at the leaky cauldron, you were met by four familiar faces.
One belonged to Sunny, one to Regulus, one to Hagrid and one to... Tilly?
"Hi yn" said Sunny as she sprinted across the pub.
"Sirius" greeted Regulus.
"Guess what, Tilly is a witch too" Sunny squealed, as she jumped up and down.
"Congrats Tilly" you said, smiling at the small girl.
"Thanks, I've actually known I was magical for a while, didn't know you two were" said Tilly grinning.
👧🏻❤🐺
The first place you went was Madam Malkin's, to buy new Gryffindor robes.
Your old robes were covered in paint splashes, and rather worn out. If you were going to be head prefect, then it wouldn't do to wear ratty robes (Although Peter's were the most ratty...). Next to Ollivanders. Your wand may or may not have broken whilst you were pretending it was a lightsaber...
"Back Ms ln, what have you done to your wand" asked Ollivander.
"It's a long story" you mumbled.
"Try this, oak, mermaid scale, 11 inches" said Ollivander, handing you a wand, which immediately shimmered purple as you picked it up.
"Perfect" whispered Ollivander.
"Excuse me sir, but, you said that this wand's core is mermaid scale, I didn't know you used them" you asked.
"This is the only wand I've ever used mermaid scale in, remember, the wand chooses the Witch, and this wand is very special" said Ollivander.