Rebellion

"This just isn't right!" James shouted as he entered the dormitory one evening, covered in mud and grass stains.
"It's horrible!" Sirius agreed as he trudged in after James.
"Disgusting!" Hollered Marlene as she walked in too.
"Marls! What's going on?" You asked.
"Our Quidditch captain thinks girls can't be Beaters!" Spat Marlene as she threw her Beater's bat to the floor in rage.
Then you remembered it had been the Quidditch try-outs today.
"A team full of boys! McLaggen didn't even let Marlene try out!" Said James.
"I'm so angry I could just punch a slab of titanium!" Cried Sirius.
"He said, and I quote Stick to the ballet princesses" and sent every girl away with a wave of his hand" huffed Marlene.
"That's horrible!" You gasped.
"Sirius no!" Cried Spike just before Sirius headbutted the solid stone wall.
"We've got to do something about this!" Cried James.
"James, for once in your life, you're right" said Remus.
"So what do we do?" Asked Peter.
"We rebel" you breathed.
👧🏻❤🐺
The next day, you managed to gather most of the school to protest.
The plan was simple:
The boys wore skirts, the girls wore pants. The boy's painted their nails pink. The girls cut their nails short.
A seventh year Ravenclaw discovered a charm that would make the boy's hair long and the girl's short. Another charmed the girls to be taller.
Basically you took gender stereotypes and flipped them. It really showed how ridiculous it was. For good measure everyone tied their ties around their heads.
Then it was time to march.
Through the school the entire group marched yelling the same words in unison.
"What do we want?" You, James and Marlene shouted, your voices magically magnified.
"Gender equality!"
"When do we want it?"
"Now!"
The entire procession marched from the seventh floor to the great hall, where the rest of the school were eating breakfast.
"ENOUGH!" Shouted professor McGonagall.
The hall fell silent.
"What is the meaning of this? Ms ln, you appear to be running this?" Inquired professor McGonagall.
"We just want gender equality! Have you seen our Quidditch team this year professor?" You asked.
"McLaggen didn't even let any girls try out" Marlene cried.
"Mr Potter, I am surprised at your support of this cause" Professor McGonagall said, as she dismissed every one.
"A wise person once told me girls can do anything, if not more than any boy" James explained.
"Wise words Lupin" you giggled, nudging him.
👧🏻❤🐺
That afternoon professor McGonagall announced that McLaggen was to be suspended from being Quidditch captain for two months. James was made replacement captain.
He immediately re-held trials, the team now consisted of:
●Potter - Chaser
●Black - Beater
●McKinnon - Beater
●McLaggen - Chaser
●Meadowes - Chaser
●Fortescue - Seeker
●Longbottom - Keeper
Finally, everyone went down to the black Lake to celebrate. Spike jumped in.
The photograph you took at the end of that day was perfect.