A Rat in Red Robes

After the you'd watched the movies, it was well past curfew.
You and Remus both had to sneak back into the castle.
When you got to the common room, there was a mixed atmosphere.
James was slumped in a corner, a wilted rose in his hand.
Alice and Frank were curled into one chair, reading together.
Lily was half asleep her red hair was messy and her make-up smudged.
Dorcas and Marlene had fallen asleep on the rug, hands still intertwined.
Mary, whom you barely ever spoke to, was trying her best to get her Ravenclaw date out of the common room. It was proving to be a difficult task as the student was quite fascinated by Gryffindor tower.
Spike and Sirius were nowhere to be found.
Peter looked like he'd been scarred for life.
You and Remus decided to see if Peter had died or something.
"Pete, you good?"
"I'm never going to be able to look at the two of them the same way again!"
"What? Who?"
"Spike and Sirius. They kissed! Two guys! It's kinda weird!" Peter cried.
"Peter William Pettigrew! What does it matter if they're two guys!" You shouted.
"It's not natural! Neither are they!" He huffed, pointing to Marlene and Dorcas.
"Don't point Peter, it's rude." Said Remus flatly.
"You apologise right now you filthy, rabid rat!" You shouted.
"It's Disgusting!"
"What's Disgusting is your attitude! Apologise or I'll personally feed you to the Giant Squid!"
"ENOUGH! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!" came the outraged Scottish voice of Professor McGonagall.
"Peter said that Marlene, Dorcas, Sirius and Spike are disgusting!" You cried.
"THEY ARE!" Peter huffed.
"THEY AREN'T!"
"ARE!"
"AREN'T!"
"ARE!"
"AREN'T!"
"ARE-"
You lost it and slapped Peter across the face.
"ENOUGH!"
"Miss L/N! I thought better of you! And Mr Pettigrew, why are Ms Meadowes, Ms McKinnon, Mr Black and Mr L/N disgusting?" Asked Professor McGonagall.
"They're all f*gg*ts! Marlene and Dorcas are going out and I saw Sirius and Spike kissing in the dormitory. KISSING!"
"Mr Pettigrew I am disappointed in you. Surely the fact that these people are your friends is enough for you to see that it doesn't matter who they choose to love?"
Peter muttered something incomprehensible under his breath.
"As for you Ms ln, I am disappointed that you chose violence to deal with your problems. You are head prefect! You are supposed to represent the students, not reprimand them. You can report to Professor Dumbledore's office, I should be surprised if you return still in possession of that badge." Professor McGonagall huffed, gesturing to the silver HP badge pinned to your purple robes, exactly over your heart.
👧🏻❤🐺
"Ms ln, whilst I understand, and admire, your reasons behind your actions, I cannot allow the students to think that they can go around slapping each other with no consequences. So it pains me to say it, but you must hand me your badge, you are suspended from the head prefect title, for one month." Professor Dumbledore held out his hand to receive the silver HP badge, which had meant the world to you.
👧🏻❤🐺
With heavy footsteps and and even heavier heart you walked back to the dormitory.
Your eyes prickled with tears, threatening to spill.
As you climbed through the portrait hole, a force collided with you.
A spikey haired force.
It was followed by a long raven haired force.
Then a sandy haired one.
A messy ebony haired one and finally an auburn haired one.
"Merlin guys! You'll knock me to the ground" you cried.
"Remus told us what happened and we wanted to see if you were OK!" Sirius explained.
"He didn't expel you did he?" Asked Spike nervously.
"No I'm not expelled." You said quickly.
"So just detention then?" Asked James.
You shook your head.
"You're not a prefect anymore are you?" Asked Lily.
You nodded.
"Forever or just suspended?" Asked Remus.
"Suspended, for a month, but this month is going to suck." You muttered.
"But in other news, Sirius, Spike, what's the deal with you?" You asked excitedly, pretending you weren't falling apart inside because of losing your badge.
Both boys flushed.
"I- we- we're- I-" Spike stuttered.
"We haven't quite worked it out yet, but we'll keep you updated." Sirius explained.
👧🏻❤🐺
"So you had you're first kiss today then Spikey?" You teased when everyone else left.
"It was NOT my first kiss today!"
"Who else did you kiss?!"
"No-one else."
"You little devil! When did you two kiss before?!"
"After I you told me to ask him what his sexuality is yesterday. He and I kind of got talking about stuff and well, we ended up snogging somehow and then we decided to prank you and make you think we were still oblivious." Spike explained with a cheeky grin.
"I hate you."
"You love me"
"F*** you."
"I'll take care of that for you!" Sirius shouted across the room.

Boys.