Perhaps There's a Chance

Lunch was hell.
Cecilia sat hand-in-hand with Remus.
You guessed he must've planned this for a while.
James was the most shocked, he was outraged actually.
"Why would he leave you for her?"
"Because he has taste!" Cried Cecilia walking over, bringing Peter and Remus with her.
"Who invited you to sit with us?" Asked Sirius.
"Well, as I'm Remus' girlfriend, surely I'm the new Lovelle. So off you pop yn!" Sung Cecilia.
"Just because she's not dating Remus anymore, doesn't mean she's not a Marauder. She's still Spike's cousin." James pointed out.
"Yes, but Sooriyakrin isn't really a Marauder, is he?" Asked Cecilia.
"Don't call me that!" Hissed Spike.
"And Spike's my boyfriend, so by your logic, he is a Marauder!" Sirius cried.
"Eww! That's unnatural! F*gg*ts!" Cried Cecilia.
"Let's have a vote, all those in favour of me being a Marauder, raise your hands." Said Cecilia.
She raised her hand. Peter followed, though you noticed his eyes seemed blank. Remus raised his hand too, following Cecilia with an adoring look.
"All those in favour of our BEST FRIEND staying, raised your hands." Said James firmly.
James' hand stretched up into the sky. Spike raised both hands. Sirius jumped up to try and reach higher than James' hand.
"Looks like it's a draw. Coin toss?" Asked Cecilia.
"Your vote doesn't count. You're trying to replace me!" You pointed out.
"With that in mind, majority rules, sorry Cecilia, but Yn's still in." Smirked James.
"Fine! Wouldn't want to join your childish club anyway." Cried Cecilia, tossing her head and walking away.
Remus followed, practically drooling at the sight of Cecilia.
Peter followed stiffly. Almost as though he was trying not to, but an unknown force was making him.
👧🏻💔🐺
Later that week, in Transfiguration, Misty Moonshine sat where Peter would normally be.
She watched Remus closely, with narrowed eyes.
After class, she grabbed your sleeve, and dragged you into Myrtle's bathroom.
Lily and Alice followed. Sunny was already there. A few minutes later Amelia Bones arrived, followed by Sybil.
"Right, I'm gonna cut to the chase, your boyfriend's under amortentia." Misty stated.
"Of course! That explains it!" Cried Lily.
"Wait, what?" You asked, confused.
"Amelia overhead Riverview plotting it in the Hufflepuff common room." Misty explained.
"Yeah, she and her followers were discussing how to get him. Edgar, my brother, and I were playing exploding snap next to them." Amelia confirmed.
"I predicted that she would come into a great fortune, but have it all taken away from her again." Sybil claimed.
Sunny rolled her eyes, you guessed Sybil was only here because she was your friend and wanted to be supportive.
"Alice, you're the love expert, what do you reckon?" Asked Sunny.
"It is definitely strange that Remus dumped you out of the blue, especially when he's in love with you." Alice said quietly.
"Lily, your the best in the year at potions, do you think it's amortentia?" Asked Misty.
"I'm almost certain, he's fidgety whenever Riverview isn't around and he's only obsessed with her, he doesn't seem to love her." Lily analysed.
"Well then, with all that evidence, I reckon there's a... 90% chance we can get your boyfriend back yn!" Sunny said.
"When did you become a mathematician Sunny?" You asked.
"I've always been good at maths!" Sunny informed you.
"Let's get your Remus back!" Cried Misty, she stuck her hand out, everyone put their hands on top of hers. Myrtle joined too.
"3 2 1 GO TEAM!"