A Demon in Diamond Earrings

"You're really going to eat that chocolate from Cecilia?" You asked Remus, who was untieing a red ribbon
"Yeah, can't let it go to waste, you want some?"
"No thanks!"
"Suit yourself."
👧🏻❤🐺
At breakfast Dumbledore had an announcement to make.
"I would like you all to congratulate our temporary Head prefect, she was our second choice when deciding on who. Everyone give a big hand for..."
(A/N guess in comments)

You zoned out to what Dumbledore was saying, too upset about losing the title.
When you looked up though, a girl in Hufflepuff robes stood out the front of the Great Hall.
Hair bleached blonde.
Pale blue eyes.
Eyelashes coated in mascara.
Pearl white teeth.
Slightly long French tipped nails.
A smile crafted by angels.
Cecilia Anastasia Riverview.
Why her?
👧🏻❤🐺
"Y/N!" Called a sickly sweet voice.
"What do you want Cecilia?"
"I wanted to know how you're feeling, you know, after being fired from head prefect and all."
"I'm not fired, I'm suspended. You're only temporary."
"I was trying to be nice!"
"Try harder!"
👧🏻❤🐺
You walked into the dormitory to find Remus.
"God I hate Cecilia! Rotten girl!"
"Oi! Don't talk about her like that! She's actually quite nice!" Lectured Remus.
"You're supposed to take my side on this. She's rubbing in the fact that I'm suspended from head prefect!"
"Why would I take your side! You got yourself into that mess with Peter, who, by the way, cried himself to sleep last night!"
"Did Cecilia poison that chocolate? You were on my side last night! Being a very supportive boyfriend, but now you're not!"
"About the boyfriend thing, I'm breaking up with you. You're whiny, pathetic and a complete know-it-all."
"What?" You gasped.
"You heard me!"
👧🏻💔🐺
It was as though time itself had stopped.
Your heart seemed to shatter into a million pieces.
How had this happened?
Less than twenty-four hours ago you both were joking about nose-less villans and sticking up for characters who had been misrepresented. Now you felt dizzy and like your entire world had just flipped upside-down.
You couldn't understand why.
You had been happy.
Hadn't you?
You kicked your empty book bag.
Ouch! Maybe there was something in it.
A stone.
The stone.
You had forgotten to give it to Remus.
You guessed he probably wouldn't want it now.
Stupid thing.
You chucked the stone into the bottom of your trunk.
And with it any feelings you had left for Remus.
At least that's what you told yourself.