Chapter 16: Seraphi and Aether Resurface

Editor's note: This takes place during the duel with Psy in chapter 14.

"Velga." Said Vuro.
"I'm worried about Corona." Velga turned around and looked at his younger brother.
"Yes...he's up to something." Said Velga.
"But we don't have enough evidence to tell why." Said Vuro.
"Maybe he's just a misguided soul."
"Perhaps...but something isn't right about him." Said Velga.
"Emergency! Seraphi and Aether are attacking the base in two separate places!" Said Corona, relaying the news from Athena.
"What?! Okay, we're on it!" Said Velga, as he and Vuro teleported away. Vuro took the front side, and Velga took the back.

Vuro arrived near the front of the base where Seraphi was taking out all of the defenses there.
"Hey! What do you think you're doing here?!" Said Vuro. Seraphi turned around and stopped damaging the inoperable defenses.
"Vuro! It's been some time." Said Seraphi.
"You're not welcome here, maverick." He responded.
"Why is it that you're only so hostile towards Mavericks? You seem messed up. Let me fix you for good!" Said Seraphi. She suddenly began shooting a barrage of icicles at Vuro, which he was forced to dodge by clinging onto one of the pillars of a destroyed defense turret. He then retaliated by shooting a icicle of his own from his mouth, but Seraphi dodged it and dashed up to his position before kicking him into the pillar.
"You're not strong enough." She Said.
"Once again I'll defeat you...but you won't be able to get back up."
"Vuro! Seraphi appears to be weak to a fire weapon!" Said Athena.
"I would assume that Streak's weapon would damage her by a large amount!" Seraphi shot a walls of crystals at Vuro, causing him to jump and crouch accordingly to dodge them until Seraphi charged at him with the motive of a direct approach.
"Yeah? Well I've been practicing! Sting Laser!" Yelled Vuro, shooting the fiery projectile at Seraphi, which caused her to fall backwards and burn for a second before she arose.
"What? That weapon belonged to Streak..." She Said, Vuro hearing what she said.
It would make sense why she knows who Streak is, but how does she know what his special weapon is? He thought.
"No matter...you still aren't enough to handle me!" Said Seraphi, forming a bunch of ice around her which burst without her inside.
"Seraphi's likely in another block of ice!" Said Athena. Vuro looked around and finally found another block of ice about to burst and charged up the Sting Laser before releasing the shot on Seraphi, who had broken out. The charged shot blasted a giant laser that was so strong that Vuro had to hold still while the attack annihilated Seraphi. Seraphi Yelled in pain as the attack damaged her heavily and knocked out a quarter of her health. Seraphi then immediately got up and began shooting more crystals barriers at Vuro that caused him to once again jump and crouch, but he was hurt and crushed into the wall by one, allowing Seraphi to follow up by hitting him with a spinning kick. However, Vuro quickly recovered and hit her with the Sting Laser before dashing sideways as Seraphi yelled in pain.
"That's it...I'm through being cool!" Said Seraphi.
"Power up!" A blue aura surrounded Seraphi as she began shooting her crystal barriers three times in a row, causing Vuro to jump at the perfect time and crouch multiple times.
Wait...I only saw that for the first time when Barrage attacked us! Thought Vuro. Seraphi then surrounded herself in ice and disappeared, but this time Vuro had to dash to the side as she slammed the ground and sent a wave of ice on the ground that he jumped to dodge. He then blasted her with another charge shot of the Sting Laser, causing Seraphi to scream in pain as she was damaged too much. When the attack receded, Seraphi was on the ground, her body heavily damaged and sparks shooting out from it.
"Who is your master?" Said Vuro.
"Tell me, you maverick!"
"I can't..." Began Seraphi.
"This can't be happening! I'm stronger than you! I won't...no...GRAAAAAAH!" Yelled Seraphi, as Vuro leapt back and her body exploded into a bunch of blue orbs. Vuro then grabbed her weapon data and emulated her special weapon.
"Nice work, Vuro! Get back inside the base while I send some investigators out to repair the defenses." Said Athena.
"Got it!" Said Vuro, happy that he was done with Seraphi.

Velga arrived at the back of the base, where Aether was easily destroying the defenses laid out there. He then turned around and spotted Velga.
"Velga! What a nice surprise!" Said Aether.
"Shut up and fight me, maverick!" Said Velga.
"Someone is upset that I beat them...okay, let's see if you're still as weak as you were last time!" Said Aether, rushing toward him with his shoulder. Velga quickly dodged the attack and tried kicking Aether, but he wasn't able to harm him.
"Ha! You think that'll hurt me?" Said Aether, grabbing Velga's leg and throwing him into a pillar, destroying it.
"Velga! Aether isn't strong against spinning and liquid attacks!" Said Athena. Velga knew that they hadn't beaten Merva yet, so he dashed up to Aether and used the Senkaipan, spinning around with his fists and knocking Aether backwards.
"Gyah! How are you hurting me?" Said Aether, slamming the ground and causing fire to shoot out from the cracks. Velga quickly dashed past the fire and struck Aether with the Senkaipan once more. The hard part was getting close without Aether damaging him, which proved to not have worked during that time when Aether punched Velga into one of the eruptions as he was hit, causing both warriors to fall backwards and Velga to be damaged by the flames.
"No way I'll lose to you!" Said Aether, shooting his Flame Blazer on the ground and raining a bunch of magma downwards. But Velga quickly juked away from the magma and attempted to hit Aether with the Senkaipan, But Aether grabbed Velga's arm before he could do so and slammed him on the ground with it. But before he could follow up on that, Velga used the Senkaipan and knocked him backwards.
"Urgh...you've gotten me pissed!" Said Aether.
"Power up!" An orange aura surrounded Aether before he slammed the ground and covered it with fire, causing Velga to jump on the side of a damaged pillar. Aether then slammed the ground again and created more eruptions in the fire that Velga had to dodge by jumping off the wall, but the fire then rained back down in the same pattern as it had rained on the way up, knocking Velga off the wall and into the flames for a second before they spotted. As Aether charged at him, he quickly recovered and smacked him backwards with the Senkaipan once again. But before he could celebrate, Aether got back up and grabbed Velga's right arm and his neck before ripping off Velga's arm as he screamed in pain.
"You think you can beat me?!" Said Aether. But Velga began charging the Hadouken in only one of his hands before grabbing Aether's face with him and singing him with his power.
"AAAAAAH!" Yelled Aether, letting Velga go and clutching his face before Velga used the Senkaipan again and smacked him backwards with one fist. When Aether crashed onto the ground, he stopped screaming and exploded into a bunch of orange orbs before Velga walked over and absorbed his weapon data.
"Athena...I need repairs..." He Said, teleporting back into the base.

"you're damaged beyond the methods of the healing capsule...I'll repair you myself!" Said Athena.
"Meanwhile, your special Weapons are the Crystal Burst, Which shoots small, Crystal bullets that freeze enemies if they destroy them and the Flame Blazer, which shoots a blast of fire that explodes into more fire when it hits the ground or an enemy. The skills are the Aisufuriza, which must be charged up and can do more and has the same effects as the Crystal Burst and the Shoryuken is the legendary flaming uppercut I told you about, Velga. It is very powerful for you if your health is full."
"You and Ragammia get the priceless Shoryuken?! What do I get that's cool?!" Said Vuro, as Athena continued on Velga's repairs.
"The Crystal Burst can be charged up to freeze all enemies around you." Said Athena. Vuro no longer was greedy for the Shoryuken as he sneered at Velga.
"Good for you. And you didn't need extreme repairs." Said Velga.
"Ragammia should be back soon." Mentioned Athena.
"You two have a break for the time being."