Chapter 22: Infiltrating the Mothership

The heroes then heard the sound of oncoming enemies, which turned out to be infected mechaniloids that crashed through the doors to the top of the tower. Unlike the mechaniloids Celestia had placed, there were hundreds of them that had travelled up the tower to eliminate the heroes and they all were infected. Velga and Vuro immediately rushed to defeat them and prevent them from getting to Luna.
"We'll destroy the Mavericks! Get out of here, Luna while you two get to the mothership!" Said Vuro.
"Yeah! Gaia, let's get moving! I'm gonna need your help to get up there!" Said Ragammia.
"Okay. Good luck, you two!" Said Gaia, as Luna teleported away. Ragammia then walked out to the balcony with Gaia to find the battleship high in the sky.
"That battleship has a laser cannon! If you are going to get up here, destroy that cannon and dodge it!" Said Athena.
"Okay! Gaia, let's get moving! Please fly me up there, if you don't mind." Said Ragammia.
"You can count on me." Said Gaia, trying her best to fly Ragammia up to the ship. She was strong, due to the fact that she was able to rise quickly while carrying him.
"My operation is going smoothly. Hmm?" Said Virenne, checking her monitors.
"I was planning to decimate the nearby animal cities with this laser cannon, but I'll have to use it for something else."
"Here come the lasers!" Said Athena, as the laser cannon fixed on the two airborne heroes. It then fired straight at them, Gaia dodging the laser and Ragammia trying to hit the cannon with a charge shot.
"My charge shot's not affecting it!" Said Ragammia, as Gaia dodged the next blast.
"Let's try it together!" Said Gaia, as they got closer to the cannon. Gaia then fired a blast from her palm while Ragammia fired another charge shot. The fused attack then was able to blow the laser cannon to bits and render it useless.
"Looks like I underestimated both of them..." Said Virenne, glaring at her monitor.
"But my front line of defense might wear them down." With the laser cannon out of the way, Ragammia and Gaia were able to get up to the mothership and landed on the deck, which was small compared to the rest of the ship.
"Athena, we're on the deck." Said Ragammia.
"Good. You'll be able to access the rest of the ship. But be quick, as the teleporters will be up and running soon." Said Athena.
"We'll get this done." Said Ragammia.
"Wait! I'm picking up an energy reading nearby! This one seems familiar!" Said Athena. Suddenly, Ragammia and Gaia sidestepped as a barrage of lasers nearly hit them. A red Enertron then leapt in front of them with a damaged eye, bladed feet, and two laser cannons on his arms.
"Hee hee hee! Guess who decided to show up?"
"Barrage?! Virenne resurrected you, too?!" Said Ragammia.
"Who's Barrage?" Said Gaia.
"He was a maverick created by Virenne three months ago. He was able to nearly crush Velga and Vuro, but not me." Said Ragammia.
"That's right! And I'll crush your fairy friend as well! Die, Ragammia!" Said Barrage, shooting more of his Barrage Laser. Ragammia and Gaia dodged his attack and fired back, but Barrage dodged their attacks and began throwing bombs at them. Gaia was hit by a bomb and thrown backwards.
"Gaia!" Said Ragammia.
"I'm fine..." She Said, getting up.
"Try this! Gyahahahahaha!" Laughed Barrage, rushing toward them and shaking his saber all over the place. Ragammia and Gaia had to back up to dodge him and jump over him afterwards.
"Ragammia! Barrage is no longer weak to the weapons of your commanders! Use Crisis's skill or Seraphi's weapon!" Said Athena. Ragammia then equipped the Crystal Burst before shooting Barrage again and freezing him before he broke out of the ice.
"So you want to have an edge like last time? Well you're gonna be a pile of scrap before you win! Power Up!" Said Barrage, a red aura surrounding him.
"Get back, Gaia!" Said Ragammia. Barrage then merged his two cannons together and shot a giant laser beam at the heroes, which they had to dodge. For Gaia, she had to fly above it frantically while Ragammia had to dash away quickly. Soon, the attack ended and Barrage was back to his normal attacks.
"C'mon, die already!" He Yelled, jumping into the air and blasting a bunch of lasers in random directions. This attack was new to both of the heroes, and they both were unable to predict the pattern of the attack as they were struck multiple times with the lasers. Gaia was hurt more than Ragammia because of this.
"Ha ha ha ha! How do you feel now, heroes? I'll determine that in a second!" Said Barrage, landing and pointing his cannons to both of them. But Ragammia quickly froze him with the Tokinami before he slashed him backwards with his saber.
"Gaia, hit him now!" Said Ragammia, as Gaia shot her own laser at Barrage, which damaged him even more after Ragammia hit him with another blast of the Crystal Burst.
"Gaaah! No, I won't lose again!" Said Barrage.
"Power up!" He then tried to use his double laser again.
"Not this time!" Said Ragammia, blasting him in the chest with a charge shot, which impaled his chest. But Barrage's laser cannon still went off and unfortunately blasted Gaia head on, causing them both to scream in pain.
"He's too strong...both of them I lost to..." Said Barrage, exploding into a bunch of red orbs. He had no weapon data this time.
"Gaia! Gaia!" Said Ragammia.
"I'll heal you, just hang on!"
"I'm not sure I'd be much help in this place...I've never done something like this before. You need to save your sub tanks because you're more experienced. I'll go to Athena to get healed while you stop Virenne. I'll meet up with you later." Said Gaia.
"Are you sure?" Said Ragammia.
"If you are, I respect that."
"I am. I'll rejoin you later." Said Gaia, before she teleported away.
"Athena. Gaia will be coming to you via the portal. She'll get past the Mavericks to get to it. Prepare to heal her." Said Ragammia.
"Okay. The boss capsules should be inside the ship, though you'll have to defeat the enemies in the corridors first." Said Athena. Ragammia soon entered the ship from the deck before the door behind him closed.
"Ragammia...the signal's fading..." Said Athena, as Ragammia began to hear nothing but static.
"Athena? Athena!" He Said, before he couldn't hear a thing.
"Looks like I'm on my own again..." He Said, before advancing down the corridor.