Family Part 2

The shop is burning into tiny bits of ash.

People around are worriedly gathered few meters away.

I looked around wondering where Tsumu is.

When the glimpse of the blond caught my eye, I run towards him.

He's staring at the fire which is slowly eating our family's small business.

"TSUMU!"

He looked at me with dreadful eyes.

I tightly hold his shoulders.. and realized how trembling his body is.

"SAMU!!! DID YOU REALLY LEAVE DAD IN THE SHOP?" he loudly shouted

"Ye... Yes... I.." I replied lowering my head

Tears rolled down from my eyes.... I shouldn't.. have...

I felt Tsumu pushing me so hard that we fell into the ground.

He's hovering me... And tears continued falling into my skin from his crying eyes.

He grabbed my shirt and gave me a hard punch in my face.

My lips started bleeding.

I flinched in the sudden pain but I couldn't fight back.... I'm so worried that my strength seems to vanish all of a sudden

"SAMU.. WHY ... WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE DAD ALONE!?!" he questioned angrily

I looked away from him. Some shop owners came and get hold of Tsumu, and some helped me sat on the cold pavement.

"Stop fighting you two.. That wouldn't help-"

"BUT SAMU... LEFT DAD HERE! IT'S HIS FAULT!"

"Look, Tsumu! I didn't want this to happen, okay?!" I replied guility.

"If Dad gets hurt, I won't forgive you ever! Remember that Osamu!"

I want to depend my side, too. I want him to know how I regret leaving Dad alone at the shop

But I felt angry.... because he's blaming me for something I didn't plan to happen!

Sometimes Tsumu is so stupid!!!

"Blame me all you want, because that's all you could do!"

"Oh Yeah!!!! Let me show you what I can really do!" he angrily lunge towards my direction and the old shop owners couldn't stop him.

"Tsumu? Samu?"

We looked where the voice came from and saw Dad eating some taiyaki.

"Hey." He added casually like he's just walking in the park...

Tsumu quickly runs towards him, but all I could do is stare and sob.

The other shop owners who are really closed with Dad also run to him.

After a while, I felt a hand in my shoulders

"Samu, son, come on get up." Dad said calmly.

We sat in a bench nearby watching as the firefighters do their job.

"I.. I'm sorry Dad...."

"Well, for as long as I could remember, you aren't the one who caused that fire... so it isn't your fault.."

"But, Dad.. We shouldn't..."

"Listen, Samu... An arson or my negligence probably caused that fire... Luckily, I got hungry after 10 minutes after you left, so.. I got myself some taiyaki..."

I looked at him hoping he's really fine.

I turned my head to look for Tsumu but he isn't around anymore...

"Samu... we should head home to put ice on your cheek... it's kinda swollen already."

I placed my hand into my cheek and felt the pain from Tsumu's punch...

"The shop is..."

"It's.. okay, son... We could-" Dad said and a tear escaped from his eyes.

He quickly brushed it away with his arms.

He started this business when he and Mom got married... He worked hard, all day and all night... just to make his own name and provide living to our family..... This is like their first born child....

"Don't tell your Mom I cried... She'll get worried..."

"Dad... You.. can.. cry... I know... it hurts.."

I felt his head in my shoulder.. He's crying and trembling as he sob his heart out.

All I could do is hug him and calm him down.

The fire was controlled  after few minutes.

A police officer approached us about filing a report on the incident. Dad agreed.

We went home after that dreadful happening that night.

Dad just went upstairs in their room without saying a word to Mom.

Mom just followed him after few minutes with worried facial expression.

I sat on the couch as I felt a cold ice into my cheek.

"Are you alright, Samu?" Keiji asked as he settled down beside me.

"Where's Tsumu?" I asked without looking at him

"He's on the bed already..."

"Okay..."

The room was filled with silence that it's almost deafening...

"I.. need to talk to him..." I said that breaks the silence between us.

"Hey, Samu..."

I turned my head to see Tsumu standing in the bottom of the stairs.

"Tsumu.. I..."

"I'm sorry, Samu." he said and went upstairs again.

Keiji and I looked at each other. He smiled at me

"It's been a long night. You better take some rest, Samu." he suggested with worry on his eyes.

"Yes. I guess so..."

I'm so lucky having him around... He calms me down everytime... and my family trust him...

I leaned forward and kissed him on the lips which left him speechless and make him blushed badly.

He just stared at me as I smiled and go to stairs.

We may have started dating but we never kiss.. Guess, it's our first kiss.

"I'll go to bed now. You should rest, too, Love" I said walking upstairs.

For certain, I saw his face turns bright red before he covers them with his palms.