42

SAKUSA'S POV

The drive to the meeting place is awfully quiet. Tsumu doesn't even look at me nor say anything.

We left the house at around 10:35am and we'll reach the place at around 11:30am.

I'm getting nervous and scared...

Atsumu didn't confide anything to his parents... as I recalled how Mom and Dad talked to me earlier before they left for work this morning

Earlier...

"Son, We'll be leaving for work early today" his Dad informed me as we drink our coffees in the kitchen

"Kiyoo-kun... Did something happen?" the twin's mom asked curiously as she leaned forward into the table and rested her chin into her folded hands.

"Ahmm.. Did.. Did Tsumu tell you?" I replied guiltily and lowered my head.

"No... Actually, we just figured out ourselves earlier... but Tsumu didn't mention anything..."

"So how... did...?"

"Parent's instinct." Souta-san replied

"That's so vague, Honey.. A young teenager like Kiyoo-kun would find it hard to understand..." she chuckled.

"Well, Kiyoo-kun, for starters, Tsumu is a tough kid... He knew how to defend himself from anyone... But he's very vulnerable and weak-willed as well... He may be tough, but when he cries there's only one person whom he runs to..." she continued.

"Osamu..." I whispered.

"Correct.... But that's very seldom since they reached 16.. Tsumu became so independent and a little more mature because according to him, he wanted to protect Samu with all cost... He said it's his duty as Samu's big brother .. I don't complain, though..."

"Why do you think I'm telling you this, Kiyoo-kun?" she asked afterwards.

"Ahmm. I don't.."

She chuckled
"I found Tsumu sleeping in Samu's room this morning. Tsumu is buried to Samu's chest and Samu is hugging Tsumu like a protective brother. Just then, I knew something might had happened... So I asked you...".

"We got into an argument last night... No.. I mean... Actually, It's not an argument, it's a misunderstanding.. I'm sorry.." I stammered slightly as I looked at her.

"Well, I believe in both of you... You can settle it down so I don't worry about it." she said with a smiling expression.

"Right, Honey... Besides, it's normal for partners and couples to run into problems like that.. But if that taught me anything... that is.. Everything can be solved with proper communication  and trust." the twin's Dad smiled and started stretching his arms.
"Have to start the day, right... Honey, I'll get ready!" Souta-san said as he stood from his seat and head to the door.

"Okay... Now, Kiyoo-kun... I know you'll never hurt Tsumu... Whatever the problem may be, please work it out and take care of Tsumu, okay?" she smiled sweetly and continued sipping the coffee from her cup.

They are so sweet and understanding. The twins are indeed lucky.

I glanced over at Tsumu who seems to be busy with his thoughts.

"Tsumu...." I called out but he ignored me completely.

"Please... Tsumu... Will you at least talk to me?" I asked as I looked back into the road gripping the wheel more tightly

He gave me a a little gaze then turned away quickly too.

I sighed.

He's giving me the silent treatment which I am not really used to... since I usually see him happy and laughing....  And looking at him right now reminds me of my conversation with Samu earlier...

~
Earlier (after the twin's parents left)
In the Living Room

"You really think, I will let it slide that easily, Sakusa?" Samu confronted me as he walked down from his room.

"What do you-".

"You made Tsumu cry..." he replied sternly

"It's not... I mean... I don't mean to do that..." I tried explaining but just earned a frown from Osamu

"Intentional or not, you still make my brother cry like that... Unforgivable..." he growled loudly

"Listen... Okay?! I know... I can't really spare you all the details... but believe me Samu... I won't hurt, Tsumu... I-" I continued

"But, you're cheating on him! How dare you.... You still contact your ex and you think it's okay for Tsumu to see her?!" he blurted as he give me a pushed in my shoulder.

"No! Just... Just listen up... Samu... I won't do anything to hurt your brother because... I..."

"But you just did, jerk..." Samu glared at me making me stepped back.

"I'll fix this, okay? Just let him come with me today... I'll... We'll have to meet her..." I said firmly

"Do you really think, I'll allow you to hurt him more? Not in any chance... I advise Tsumu to go with you... but in reality, I hate that idea... Take note of this, Sakusa.... Once he cried once again, I promised you... I'll break your nose...." he said threateningly.

I froze in my position as I stared at him

Samu is scary as hell.

"Okay, Samu... But I assure you, I'll fix this..."

"I hate to see Tsumu suffer again... but, I want you to see how he'll protect what's his... so I trust you with that... and since I trust you, Sakusa, I want to tell something...."

"What is it?" I asked as the mood lightens up.

"I'm going to see Akaashi today... I didn't tell anyone but you..." he said with a little smile painted on his face

"Will that be fine?" I asked as I saw doubt in his expression afterwards.

"It's fine... Besides, I just can't sulk all my life... I guess, I am better now... I should probably give Akaashi the benefit of the doubt... so I'm gonna let him explain his side....." the younger twin said more calmly now.

"Okay... Be careful, Samu."

"Yes. Thanks... But you better say it to yourself though .. Remember.. if Tsumu cries, I'll beat you up badly..." With that Osamu left me dumbfounded here in the living room of my own house.
~

I felt threatened yeah... But happy too... knowing that Osamu is always willing to help Tsumu...

"We're here, Tsumu" I said as I parked my car outside the restaurant Konami help me rent for this event.