43

"Just tell him the truth, Rin..." Akaashi confronted his best friend as soon as they entered one of Rin's private rooms here in their enormous house

"Can you just wait a little bit longer, Keiji? I mean, it isn't easy in my part, too... Besides, you agreed to help me... so please...." Rintarō replied pleadingly

"That's true... But..." Keiji protested

"Will you just listen, Rin" Keiji held Rintarō shoulders and shake him.
"You are goin' beyond the line! Osamu doesn't need your protection anymore.. what he needs is the truth!" the ravenette blurted

"Doesn't need!?! I have sacrificed my happiness and my entire life for him... and now you're telling me that he doesn't need it!?! What? All my efforts go to waste just like that!?!" Rintarō shouted back and glared at his childhood friend.

"What I'm saying is... Osamu also needs the real story! The real reason... so... Please... Rintarō!" Keiji said again this time putting his arms down.

"So... what now?! Are you thinking about my sake or are you thinking about your own, Keiji?!" Rintarō said accusingly.

"Samu, on the first place, has the right to know! You're being unreasonable since the beginning! You're being unfair to him!" Keiji answered back

"You didn't answer my question...." Rintarō replied with disappointment in his tone. He strode away from Keiji and faced the window.

Silence.

"Why only now??? Why only now are you telling me this?! In less than a week, I'll get married and my other plans will take into place. Just then... I could tell him everything!" Rintarō continued without turning to Keiji.

"I.. Ah.. I...." Keiji stuttered thinking of why just now...

Right, maybe because Osamu just realized the truth about his real motive.. But he wanted to make it up to Osamu so he decided to personally convince Rin about this matter. Besides, he wanted Rin to share the guilt he is feeling right now. To share the troubled feelings.. Is it wrong? Keiji thought

"Please, Don't go against me... I have it all planned out..." Rintarō said clenching his fists tightly, tears building up on his eyes.

Keiji lowered his head in disappointment.

"What do you even want to happen, Keiji???"

"I.. I don't know, okay!!!!" Keiji said then continued afterwards

"Osamu suffered enough... Tell him the truth but never come back to his life... I.. I'll love him.. Just let me have him, Rin.. Let me love Osamu..." Keiji said pleadingly.

Rintarō faced Keiji brushing his tears away.

Akaashi averted his eyes and give a heavy sigh.

"You're actually being selfish, Keiji... Honestly, I should be the one whose disappointed at this point... Osamu is my first love, and seeing him with you who happens to be my best friend just hurts inside my chest.. Don't be selfish, Keiji! You know exactly why I have to give him up!"

"I.. I'm being selfish!?! Rin! I am suffering right now! Why can't you see that? It's not my fault that I actually fell for Samu, it's your damn stupid reasons-" Keiji stopped as he felt a minty slap on his left cheek

"Stupid reasons?!? All I wanted is to protect Samu!" Rintarō said glaring at Akaashi who is holding his left cheek from the sudden impact.

"You know what I regret agreeing to this shit!" Keiji stammered loudly

"You regret helping me!?! What happens to... I'll help you because you're my best friend bullshit you always talk about!?!" Rintarō snapped and pushed Keiji's right shoulder making the ravenette stepped back a little.

"Stop blaming me for falling to Osamu! I shouldn't have agreed to pretend to him... He deserve more than you or me!" Keiji glared back and was thrown into the floor as Rin punch his face in an instant

.

It hurts. Keiji thought to himself and looked up at Rintarō breathing rather heavy.

"Heh... That's all you could do, Rin!? Hurt me? For all the sacrifices I have done to help and protect you, this is all I get?!" Keiji said with a smug look on his face.

Keiji isn't proud of all the things he had done.... But getting hurt like this by the same person who asked for help who is his best friend doesn't feel right. Keiji's thought at the moment is to mock Rintarō

"I thought you're my best friend... A friend... is doing favors... without asking for... reward, Keiji! You're smart, right? Why... does... it feels like you're... blaming me... for everything!?" Rintarō answered back crying.

"Because it's all your fault!" Keiji snapped and looked at Rintarō as he balanced himself up.

Keiji hates seeing Rintarō like this... But he had enough of dealing in this rich people bullshit...

Both of them wear shock and disappointed expression.

"Why do you want me to feel guilty?! All I did is to..." Rintarō asked again as both of them faced each other.

"Shit that crap! Protect Samu?!?! You emotionally break him! If protecting him means hurting him like this... then that's bullshit, Rin! Osamu deserves so much better... so much love!" Keiji yelled loudly enough for the guards near the door to look at him

"Yes! He does... But don't just blame me and make me feel guilty about this!!! You pretended and lied to him... you should be guilty yourself!" Rintarō argued and stared at his best friend.

"And what do you think I am doing here?!? I am here because I am guilty enough!!!! I regret it!" Keiji answered loudly

"So... You regret being my friend, then, Keiji?" asked Rintarō tilting his head trying to hold his sobs.

"I.. Ah.. No.. No.. It's not like that..." Keiji stuttered.

Akaashi confronted Rintarō, but his intention is to just talk not break their friendship or anything.

But he knew this might happen... but still he isn't emotionally prepared for it...

Akaashi never regret being friends with Rintarō... but... with all these that happened... he got doubt on himself... He knows exactly what Rintarō is going through but here he was standing in front of him confronting him... It feels painful...

"That's how it sounds to me... Well, then... confronting me like this... Are you gonna tell my parents about my plans if I disagree with you ?!" Rintarō asked with terror and anger on his face.

Keiji remains quiet, eyes glued to the beautiful tiled floor..

"If you regret it so much.. and you don't want to be my friend anymore.... then I got no other choice but to eliminate you... I won't let you intervene" he signalled some guards to come closer.

The next thing Keiji saw is the blurry image of Rintarō as the ravenette collapsed into the floor.