52

Rintarō hugged Akaashi like a little kid as the Suna heir whimpers sounds from his lips inaudible for Kōtaro.

Rintarō cries to Akaashi, his best friend, as both of them fell into floor without removing the embrace.

Akaashi started rubbing Rin's back, calming him down....

"Sssh.. It's.. okay.. I'm here... don't cry... I'm.. always here.. for you... Rin... I know we got in the wrong foot... and we fought... but I'm still here...."

"S.. Sorry... Keiji... I'm.. I'm really... really... sorry.... I'm tired pretending... I'm tired lying... I wanna... wanna... I want.. to be.. free... like.. Marō.... I want... to be happy.... I want to-" Rin stopped and nuzzle himself more to Akaashi.

Rin tightly clenched his fist on Akaashi's sweater jacket like he never wanted to let go.

He wanted to escape.... but.... his thoughts abruptly stopped as an image of Osamu suddenly appeared on Rin's thoughts....

He could sacrifice his own life for Osamu...There is no doubt about that...

If only he isn't the heir for this stupid family, he'll be free from taking the responsibility... the burden.. the suffering....

"Come with us to Tokyo... Let's escape together...." Akaashi said calmly.

If Rin escapes with Akaashi, his father...would...

"I... I can't.. Keiji.. I can't..." he replied trembling, voice cracking

"Wh..Why?!?" the ravenette tiredly asked.

"I just can't..." Rintarō answered fixing his eyes to the carpeted floor.

"There is something... you aren't telling me, are you?" Akaashi said making Rin jolted as he pulled Keiji for another hug.

"What's really.. going on?!" Keiji asked worriedly.

What Rin told him before is that his best friend needs to get married to Konami because of his father and grandfather's wishes. He doesn't want Osamu to be alone or leave him but he was left with no other choice.... so he asked Keiji to pretend and help the gray haired twin to move on...

Rintarō said it's for Osamu's safety and security... without elaborating why... Akaashi felt a knot on his chest... Is his own father threatening Rin?!

Rin explained that his father won't accept a no from his only remaining son... and Akaashi is fully aware of that... knowing Rin's father as a strict, nonchalant man, and a man of word... Rin deprived him of other details...

Akaashi never received answers even if he asked his best friend before this mess... He wondered why Rin would go this length... Why trouble himself if in the first place, he just runs away? What's holding Rin back? Why-

What else aren't you telling me, Rin? Akaashi thought as he hug his best friend back

Keiji's thoughts were cut short as he felt Rin's hand caressing his face.

"Kei.. Keiji... Listen... I can't leave this family... You.. You can go back to.. Tokyo... I'm letting you go... Just run away far from here.... I'm not coming... I have to stay... I need to stay.... Once everything is okay... I promise, I'll make it up to you... to Samu... Just be.. careful-"

"What... You still haven't tell me... what's really going on?! Why... Why can't we all just go? Run away, be free! Rin, I know you won't be happy-" Keiji broke down and tears almost flood his thoughts.

"I don't want to lose Osamu..." Rin continued as he pulled Keiji more closer and hugged the ravenette.

"What to do you-"

What Rin whispered into his ear makes Keiji's eyes widen and water in terror, his lips slightly pursed as sweat started to build up into his forehead and tears trailing down his cheeks.

He didn't realized the burden and pressure Rin's family is giving this young boy... All he could do is give a warmth of a friend he could give

After some time, Rin started wiping his tears away, stared at Keiji and gave a faint smile.

"Please... Keiji..."

"Konami... Please, let Kōtarō help Keiji..." Rin asked his fianceé who agreed without question

Konami nodded looking at Kōtarō who is approaching near them. The guards stand down and kept their guns away.

"But... Rin..." Keiji tried but was stopped by a lonely smile from Rintarō

"I can't change anything... I can't stay in Samu's life..." Rin said looking away

~

Kōtarō was able to reach the main door, with Keiji on his back.

Keiji haven't spoken a word to him since he realized his real identity

Walking just behind them is Konami and Rintarō.

"You can use my car, Kōh, okay?"Konami said giving her brother the keys.

"P..Put me down..." Akaashi whispered weakly on Bokuto's ear.

His voice is ice cold and scary. Slowly, Bokuto bended his knees putting Keiji down into the floor making Rin run towards him in an instant.

"What... are you doing?!" Rintarō asked curiously

"I WON'T LEAVE YOU HERE!" Keiji blurted pushing Rintarō a little...

"IF WHAT YOU SAID IS TRUE... then... there is no reason for me to leave you alone in here! Let's run away.... let's both protect Samu-" Keiji loudly said like slapping Rin with each word he said.

"KEIJI! DON'T YOU GET IT!! I WON'T RISK YOUR AND SAMU'S LIFE JUST TO SAVE MYSELF! I HAVE BEEN SELFISH ENOUGH AND IT MAKES YOU AND EVERYONE SUFFER! Let me do the best thing I could this time" Rin said hugging Keiji and letting go quickly .

"Now, come on.. Don't waste time..." Rin continued

"I'll talk to Uncle... I'll tell him-"

"What commotion is going on down here? I could hear your voices from the second floor. It's indecent to cause noises in the middle of the night... Rintarō, explain this..." Ryouta Suna asked standing at the middle part of the stairs

"Keiji... Keiji's about to go...."

"I wasn't informed that Keiji is staying here.. How long has he been here, Rintarō?"

"I... Not too long ago, Dad. They have to go..." Rin lied and stared at nothingness on his left.

"Why in a rush? They can stay until the wedding..."

"NO! RIN ISN'T GONNA GET MARRIED TO ANYONE!" Keiji shouted making the older man flinched...

Rin's father raised a brow and sternly looked at Akaashi

"What? What did you just say, Akaashi?!"