The New Normal

could u do one where the reader's type is older alt guys and they meet one but is a year younger and has a reputation of randomly ghosting girls? the reader talks about him so dreamily to peter without knowing his crush on them until he explodes bc he's tired of seeing the reader miss all the red flags. then the reader is left to decide between the younger guy with a dark aesthetic and their dorky best friend peter. (extra: peter is a year older than the reader btw. )

Words: 1.1k

This is for @-cinnamonbab. Thanks for the cute request, I thought it was fun/kinda difficult to write. I enjoyed the challenge. 

"Do you think Bradley has a girlfriend?" You asked at the lunch table with your three best friends, MJ, Ned, and Peter. 

"You mean Bradley who had three girlfriends in like a month Bradley?" Ned asked, as you absentmindedly nodded. "I don't think so, but don't waste your time on him Y/N." 

"Well we've been texting for a while, I just don't want to flirt if he has a girlfriend," you said watching him stand up and walk over to another table and sit beside another girl. 

"Bradley is a senior Y/N. No offense, but I don't think he's interested in you," Peter said as you turned your head towards him with a hurt look on his face. 

"What does that mean? You're a senior" You asked, watching Peter's face turn into discomfort. 

"Y/N, Bradley is a playboy. He's only talking to you to try and hook up with you, he doesn't want a relationship," Peter muttered as you rolled your eyes, ignoring him.

"Bradley isn't like that I swear. He told me that he was a relationship kind of guy," you said as Peter rolled his eyes. 

 He wasn't going to argue with you anymore. Everyone knew that going to Bradley meant that you were horny and wanted to hook up, but that seemed like your type of guy.

 Unfortunately. After lunch, you and Peter had the rest of the day together and one of your classes had Bradley in it, and you were sitting right next to him.

 "Hey Y/N," Bradley said pulling up a chair and sending a flirty smile your way, as you blushed and waved. 

"Could I borrow your notes, I missed the last part of yesterday's lesson?"

 "Sure!" You said quickly pulling out your notebook and handing it to him as he thanked you and copied almost all your notes, let alone the last part.

 "Okay so for the project you'll just be paired with your desk partners, so I'll give you the rest of class to work together," your teacher said as you smiled and turned to Bradley who was looking at his phone. 

"So what do you want to do the project on?" You asked as he looked up from his phone.

 "What?" 

"The project, what do you want to present on?" You asked again watching him shrug. 

"I don't know, you can pick," Bradley said not even looking up as you nodded and wrote your project outline, and started the first part of your project. 

"Do you want to work in the library after school?" You asked Bradley, following him out of the classroom after class. 

"I can't, do you mind finishing? I have band practice after school and then guitar lessons." Bradley said as you stayed quiet and nodded, "thanks, babe. See you later." HE said finger gunning you before making a dart out of school. 

"Hey, you and Bradley also going to the library?" Peter asked as you turned around and shook your head. 

"No, Bradley has band practice. I'm going to finish the project by myself," you said as Peter gaped at you. 

"But Bradley??" Peter asked as you shrugged. 

"It's fine. I don't mind," you brushed Peter off as he followed you to the library. 

"Here, I'll come work with you," Peter said following you to the library. 

"Oh, it's okay," you said not paying any attention to Peter. 

"Y/N!' Peter yelled finally grabbing your attention, "what does it take for you to realize that I like you? I've been trying to tell you for weeks now, but you're too distracted by Bradley, who isn't even into you." 

"What?" You asked a look of shock on your face. 

"Exactly. See you after school," Peter said, darting out of the library, leaving you time to think about things. 

Peter was your best friend, he's always been there for you, he's the perfect boyfriend and you've just been blind. But you liked the special attention Bradley had given you, he had made you feel special and 'liked'. 

Before you realized you were in front of Peter's doorstep and knocking on his door. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" Peter asked, stepping aside to let you into his apartment. "Jeez did you walk here in this weather? It's freezing." 

"You've always been there," you said out of the blue, "you've always been there for me and I've never noticed until now. Does that make me a bad friend?"

"No." Peter instantly said snapping you out of your thoughts.

"But that's the thing, I realize who great you are now and I'm wondering if I'm not good enough for you," you whispered as Peter pouted and cupped your face in his hands. 

"Y/N don't blame yourself. I don't blame you, if anything I blame that thick brain Bradley," Peter joked as you chuckled and smiled. 

"So Peter Parker, do you wanna go on a date with me tonight?" You asked as Peter's face lit up. 

"I would love to," he said slowly leaning in to kiss you.

It was going to take a while to get used to Peter in this new light, but the kiss felt weirdly right. Almost like your whole friendship was built up for this. 

"Where did you want to go?" Peter asked, in between the quick pecks you were sharing. 

"Let's go out for dinner, my treat." You said, as he nodded and stood up offering his hands to you. This was the first time that you were going out on a date and not just a hangout as friends, and Peter could tell you were nervous. 

"Hey, don't think too much about the date just act like we normally would. We'll have a great time," Peter said as you nodded, and that's just what you did. You talked and had a fun time just being with each other. 

This was going to be the new normal.