Falling apart (pt.1)

A/N: hey there guys, this little piece I've been cooking for a while. Life is really hitting hard now and writing is really helping me out. So I hope that my stories can help some of you out in hard times <3. ENJOY!!

Words: 1.9k

Warnings: angst, pregnant and emotional reader, cliffhanger (Sorry), fighting, 

The last place Peter wanted to be was away from home, especially when his wife was six months pregnant, but Tony had asked him last minute to check in on the recruits for the bio department

"Hey babe, how you feeling?" Peter asked over facetime. You would facetime every night before bed, and tonight was no exception. 

"I'm fine honestly, but let me tell you dealing with the cravings are freaky. Like today I went out and bought guac and cheese and dipped the cheese in the guac." You explained as Peter chuckled, knowing you hated cheese. 

"Sorry I wasn't there to feed into your cheese cravings," Peter joked, as you blushed. All the sudden there was a female voice in the background. "Hang on, I'll be just a minute. I got to go train with Kate!"  

"Okay, love you!" You smiled, as Peter waved and quickly hung up to train with Kate. 

Peter never told you Kate was going on the mission.

Kate was a really nice girl, in fact a little to nice for your liking. 

She never made any moves on Peter, but he also never rejected her compliments and gifts. You've never talked to Peter about your disliking of Kate, but you always thought he could tell by your attitude towards her. 

"I thought you and Peter were supposed to be calling?" MJ asked as you walked into the living room where some of your other friends were. 

"He's training with Kate I guess," you mumbled as she sat next to you and offered you a mocktail. 

"Oh shoot, passing up the pregnant wife to train, I'm sorry but where are his priorities?" MJ asked, as you scoffed. 

"I don't know, I'm trying to give him as much freedom before the baby arrives, but I also need him here, he's been gone for a two weeks. I just wished that he put me and in this case the baby before being a superhero for once," you sighed as MJ nodded and took a sip of her wine. 

"Does it always feel like your fighting over his attention?" 

"It's stupid because I'm fighting about him saving people. So I sound like a bitch, but.." You chuckled, as Mj cut you off. 

"No, that doesn't make you a bitch, it makes you a lonely because you've been neglected and token advantage of. Peter's taken advantage of your kindness and empathy. Don't get me wrong I love him, and he's a selfless hero, but a selfish husband," MJ said as you started crying.

She had perfectly spoken what you were feeling. Word for word. 

"Why don't you go and give him a call right now? Tell him how your feeling?" MJ suggested as you sighed, but nodded. It was a good idea to tell him now then later. You quickly made your way to the bathroom and pulled out your phone. Peter was still training, but he had his phone on him and always answered when you called. You hovered over his contact for a second, before clicking it and bringing your phone to your ear. 

It ran four or five times before he finally picked up, out of breath, and probably sweaty. 

"Hey babe are you okay?" He asked out of breath. 

"Yeah, I'm okay. I've just been thinking about somethings and need to get some stuff off my chest," you said, hearing Kate talk in the background. 

"I'm still training can it wait till tomorrow?" Peter asked, sounding a little frustrated. 

"No Peter, we need to talk about this now, before I change my mind and chicken out. Please," you pleaded. Peter could tell you were sticking out your bottom lip that way you always do, it got him every time. 

"Fine, yeah we can talk. Just give me a few minutes," he said, "hey Kate! It's Y/N calling, I'll be back in a bit." He said as you assumed Kate agreed.

"Okay, what's on your mind."

"First of all I don't like the fact that you never told me Kate was on the mission. From what you've told me she's been there the whole time, and you only told me about her today. Why was it such a big secret to not tell me?" 

"Do you think I'm cheating on you?" Peter asked, sounding extremally caught off guard, and hurt.

"Why are you giving me a reason to think you're cheating Peter. If you just told me about her the minute she arrived we wouldn't have this problem." 

"I know it looks really bad now, but I just genuinely didn't think it was that big of a deal," Peter explained. 

"Just think of it from my point of view Peter and then times it by two because I'm pregnant!" You exclaimed, trying not to be too loud since your friends were right outside. "Listen, I know you didn't know she was going to be there when you went, but I'm hurt you didn't consciously tell me at all."

"I'm sorry babe, but I really got to go, tomorrow's our last day here. Why don't' we talk about think more when we get back?" Peter offered, as you sighed, but nodded. 

Everything was slowly starting to fall apart inside of you when Peter hung-up the phone. He never apologized once, or and completely invalidated your feelings.  

As soon as you dropped the phone from your ear, the tears started falling. You didn't want to be to loud since you friends where literally ten steps away, so you silently cried.

You've never been felt so alone in your life.