Party Hat (Part 1)

"Are you going to Liz's party tonight?" I asked pushing my disgusting corn around on my lunch tray. Tonight Liz Allen was throwing a massive party, everyone who was everyone was going to be there.

"Ya I guess. Are you?" He asked also playing with his food. 

"I think so. I finished all my homework and I have nothing to do so might as well. Hey can you pick me up, you drive right pas my place?" I asked pouting a little bit.

"Ya sure. Only if you buy me a sandwich after school on Monday." He said smirking high-fiving Ned. While I just rolled my eyes and just nodded.

Later that Night

I just finished getting dressed and doing my hair and makeup when I heard a knock on my door

I just finished getting dressed and doing my hair and makeup when I heard a knock on my door.I grabbed my purse and shoes and quickly ran to open it.

"Hi, I'm ready." I said running my hands through my hair. "You look nice." I said closing and locking my door.

"Thank you, so do you." He said as blushing. "May parked the car like 3 blocks away, here." He said handing me his coat as we left the apartment complex.

"Oh is that Ned?" I asked waving at Ned who was in the front seat chatting with May. Me and Ned weren't as close as I was to Peter, but I still considered us friends. He quickly noticed me an waved back.

"Ya, he came back to my place after school." He said opening the door for me.

"Wow, Chivalry's not dead. Thanks." I said getting into the back. Peter quickly shut it and rushed to get into the other side with me.

"Y/N you look very pretty." May said looking into the mirror. "Peter don't you think so?" She asked winking causing to Peter to blush even more. He just nodded and gave May a 'shut up' look.

By the time we got there I could tell Peter was nervous, he's had a crush on Liz for a while now and he thinks this is his big chance to impress her. 

"I don't know about this, lets' just go back." He said making the first noise since he got into the car half an hour ago.

"No com one Peter we came all this way." I said putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Oh, Peter. I know. I know it's really hard trying to fit in with all the changes your body's going through. It's flowering now" May said chuckling. "Just kidding come on go have fun de-stress." She said as he nodded. 

"Ned, some hat's wear men, do you wear that hat?" I asked out of the blue getting weird looks from Peter and May.

"Ya it gives me confidence." Ned said smiling. 

"Okay thanks for the ride May, I'll see you guys inside." I said spotting MJ and quickly ran up to meet with her.

Peter's POV
As we all watch Y/N walk in May turns around and looks at me.

"Have fun sweetie, make sure no one gets to drunk." She says as I nod.

"Okay I will, bye." I say as both me and Ned get out.

"Dude you have the suit right?" Ned asked tapping me on the chest as we walk up to  the front door. I nodded and pulled my sleeve up a little bit to show off the blue and red sleeve of the suit.

"This is going to change our lives." Ned said taking a deep breath as we both stepped into the ginormous house. "Okay. We're gonna have Spider-Man swing in, say you guys are tight, and then I get a fist bump or one of those half bro-hugs"

"Hey guys, cool hat Ned. I'm so happy you guys came. There's pizza and drinks. Help yourself." She said handing me a drink. "Is Y/N here?" She said looking around but failing to find her.

"Ya, I think she went off to find MJ." Ned said taking the drink from my hands.

"Oh okay, I'll see you guys later." She said probably going to find Y/N.

"Dude, what are you doing? She's here. Spider it up" Ned said under his breath so no one could hear us.

" No, no, no. I can't... I cannot do this. Spider-Man is not a party trick, okay? Look, I'm just gonna... be myself." I said as Y/n walked into the room with MJ.

"Peter, no one wants that." Ned said as Y/N came over and sat on the couch near us. 

"Penis Parker, what's up?So, where's your pal Spider-Man? Let me guess. In Canada with your imaginary girlfriend?" Flash said into the microphone.

"Flash!" Y/N said harshly standing up sending him death glares.

"Shut up Y/N! That's not Spider-Man. That's just Ned in a red shirt." He said making everyone laugh.

Y/N'S POV
"Where's Peter, I need to talk to him about something. I said to Ned looking around the room crowded with people hoping to find Peter.

 "Umm he went to the washroom." Ned said not very convincingly. "He;ll be back soon." He said as he quickly walkover to the snack table. I just sighed and sat back down on the couch, MJ had just left claiming she had t o go to bed since she was leaving for LA in the morning. So I was basically all alone.

About a hour later Peter still wasn't here so I decided to call him but I only got his answering machine.

Hey, it's Peter. Leave a message.

"Hey Peter it's Y/N, Ned said you were in the bathroom but I still haven't seen you so I was just wondering why you left without us. I thought we were going home together."  You had to stop yourself because you could tell you were getting mad. "Anyway I just wanted to ask if you could please call me back when you get the chance. bye."  I said hanging up and texted my mom to come pick me up.

"Ned I'm leaving, do you want a ride home?" I ask he just shook his head 'no' and wish me a goodnight.

At around 1 AM I finally got a text from Peter saying g

'Sorry I left you there stranded hope you could find a way home. Can I stop by?

I just sighed and quickly responded with a

'Sure'

About 20 minutes later I heard a tap on my window and looked up only to be scared by spider-man.

"AHH!" I said dropping my phone and leaping back on to my bed. I looked back up to see spider-man laughing while opening my window. "Wait get back." I said picking up a flashlight.

"Wait wait wait! It's me." He said taking off his mask. "Peter!" 

"Shh. My mom's still up!" I said covering his mouth with my hands, and then noticed as soon as I touched him he winced. "Wait are you okay?" I asked pulling away and saw how beaten up he was.

"Ya I'm fine." He said sitting down on my bed wincing a little. I quickly ran to my fridge and got our frozen pea's to give Peter for his black eye and got our first aid kit just in case. "Here for your eye." I said as he just nodded and put it carefully on his eye.

"I'm sorry I never told you about this. I was kind of scared you would think I was weird." He said breaking the peaceful silence between us.

"Why would you think that?" I asked raising an eye brow coming out of the bathroom with a damp face cloth.

"BecauseIkindoflikeyouandIdidn'twantyoutothinkthatIwasafreak." He said really fast, squinting his eyes. 

"Peter I like you too, and I don't think that you being Spider-man would change how I think about you." I said taking his hand. "Cool." He said squeezing it a little bit.

(Words 1325)