Family (T.H)

"Honey, I'm home!" Tom said walking through the doors of our new house. As soon as he did our three year old son Eli came running down the hallway and jumped into his dad's arms.

"Daddy!" He said clapping at the fact his father was finally home from work. "You home!"

"Ya I am, I missed you." He said rubbing noses with him. "Do you know where Mommy and Rosie are?" He asked walking into the kitchen.

Eli nodded his head and pointed outside to see you walking around the garden with a 4 month baby in your arms. Tom immediately smiled once he saw you two and made his way out to the garden to say hello.

"Hello there ladies." Tom said walking up to you with Eli hot on his heels. As soon as he reached you he took Rosie out of your arms and starting kissing her chubby cheeks.

"You're back early." You said bending down to pick up Eli. "How was you flight?" You asked. As he shrugged his shoulders. 

"Okay I guess, Harrison had to say back a few days so I had no one to talk to." He said making a pouty face at Rosie. "How have you been? We didn't talk yesterday" Tom said sitting down on a near by chair.

"Rosie's starting to grow a tooth. Yesterday while I was trying to feed her she bit me." You said as Tom started laughing bouncing Rosie on his lap.

"Oh that sucks. Are you okay?" He asked rubbing your back a little bit.

"Yes, but now I know to use bottles now." You said sending Eli off to go find the dog. Tom smiled and handed Rosie off to you because she started whimpering which meant she either was hungry or wanted her mother.

"I'm going to go change and then I'll come down and help with lunch." He said getting up to kiss you on the forehead. He quickly went up to your shared bedroom to change out of his fancier shirt and slacks to a casual shirt and shorts. Once he came back down and saw Tess at the bottom of the stairs, tail wagging. "Hey Tess, I missed ya." He said scratching behind her ear.

All the sudden Ton heard his son Eli yell bloody murder from the back yard. Tom instantly looked up and saw that Eli had fallen in the backyard. Tim instantly ran out and knelt down to Eli who was crying on the ground.

"What happened?" He asked you who was also kneeling down next to him.

"I think he was chasing a squirrel and tripped." You said a little bit panicked. "His Elbow looks pretty rough." Tom nodded and went to go pick-up Eli when he pointed to his knee that also had quite a few scratches.

"Okay I'll be careful." Tom said carefully picking him up. He quickly took him to the bathroom to clean and bandage his cuts.

"Daddy it hurts." Eli said holding his elbow.

"I know, I'm sorry. Just sit still a little bit so we can make it better." He said as you walked in without Rosie. "Where's Ro?" He asked as you handed him some polysporn (SORRY ABOUT THAT FOR ALL READERS WHO SAW WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE :))  and a few band aids.

"It was time for her nap time anyway. How are you holding up." You asked cupping Eli's cheek as he smiled a little.

"Okay mommy. Can we have lunch after?" He asked as you just laughed and nodded.

"Sure bud, we can have lunch after this. As long as you sit still and behave good for daddy." You said as he nodded. "Okay I'll see you in the kitchen for lunch."

About 5 minutes later Tom and Eli came out of the bathroom hand in hand. "Are you ready for lunch?" You asked holding up a plate of grilled cheese. Which made ELi run up to you and hug your legs.

Later That Night
"Okay both children are asleep for now, which means we have around 3 hours to our self before Rosie wakes up." Tom said closing Eli's door as you both walked down to the main floor to watch some T.V together.

"I missed you, you have to stop going on these month long shoots." I said as we both collapsed on the couch.

"I know, I'm sorry. After this I have a four moths break." He said trying to lighten up the mood a little bit.

"Eli's been asking why you didn't call yesterday, you know. I didn't know what to tell him." You said burring your head into his shoulder.

"What did you tell him?" He asked planting a kiss on the top of your head.

"I said you were with Uncle Harrison, and that you would phone later. I think." You said looking up at him smiling. "I don't want them to grow up." You said pouting while looking a picture of your family. "It seems like just yesterday we where telling our parents about Eli."

You both just sat there in silence for about 5 minutes before Tom decided to break the silence. "I love you... probably a little to much." He said making you laugh.

"I love you a little to much as well." You said leaning up and planted a kiss on his lips before turning in the T.V.

(Words 888)