Sick Spidey

Words: 1.2 k

Warnings: Boyfriend! peter, pre-spiderman! peter, mentions death, shooting, depression, time jump, angst, 

(Also along the way reader finds out Peter is spiderman. I forgot to put that in, she mentions is later in their relationship)

"Of course it was the one day of the year that you had to get sick Y/N. It's the Oscorp field trip you've been talking about it for months now," Peter said, wincing watching you cough through facetime. 

"I know, but my mom won't let me go out. She's working from home and knows when I leave so I won't be able to sneak out," you sniffed as Peter sighed. 

"Alright, well I'll do the research and come over after to help you with the homework," Peter said, pushing up his glasses. 

"Bye, have fun," you mumbled, waving before he hung up. This was going to be a long couple of days. 

Peter never ended up coming over the next day. You had texted him around ten times, but he still never responded to any of her calls or texts, so when you were starting to feel better you decided to go over to make sure everything was alright.

The first person who answered the door was May, who was in tears. 

"Y/N, hey sweetie, umm." May sniffled. 

"Hey, is everything okay? What happened?" You asked seeing Peter in the corner of your sight, who was also crying. 

"Umm," May whispered stepping out of the apartment and closing the door. "Ben was shot last night," 

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," you said, engulfing her in a bugbear hug. 

"Yeah, it's been a rough night. I know Peter was supposed to give you your homework last night, but he came home so late I didn't press him." May said. 

"It's alright, I'm not concerned about my homework right now. Is there anything I can do for you guys?" You asked, as she pulled away from the hug and smiled at you. 

"Nothing for me, but maybe if you could go talk to Peter? He's pretty upset," Mary asked, as you nodded and walked into the apartment and started walking to the couch. 

"Hey," you whispered sitting next to him and holding his hand. Watching his red eyes scan over your figure. "I heard what happened last night. I'm so sorry." You tried to consult him, but he never said anything.

All of a sudden you quietly hear him whisper, "I could have saved him." 

"What?" You asked. 

"The guy who shot him was originally pointing the gun at me, but Ben pushed me out of the way," Peter said as you pressed a kiss to his forehead. "Y/N, I don't think I can be in a relationship right now." 

You slowly pulled away from him looking at him, "what? You want to break up?"

"Not for long, I just don't think that I can focus on a relationship, and that's not fair to you," Peter whispered, as you stood up in shock.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe you. I'm telling you I wanna be here for you and you're pushing me away? Peter..." You warned reaching out to place a hand on his shoulder only for him to flinch. "I see. I'll see you at school tomorrow,' you said holding back tears and rushing out of the apartment. 

Things with Peter were awkward, you were in the same friend group still so you were bound to see each other. 

You have to admit, ever since you broke up Peter started 'glowing up'. He got rid of his glasses, started hitting the gym a little more, even doing his hair differently. It hurt because he was still the cute, nerdy, boy that you fell in love with. 

"Y/N could you drive us to the party tonight?" Ned asked, knowing you were the only person with their car. 

"Sure, who is it going to be?" 

"Me and Peter. MJ is taking the bus from work, so it's just us. We'll be at Peters," Ned said, as you nodded. 

"See you tonight," you said, not thrilled that you'd be driving Peter. Later that night, after dressing up and doing your makeup, you got into your nice car and drove over to Peter's apartment. On the way there you started getting a headache and feeling unwell in general. 

As soon as you arrived at Peter's apartment that was forty minutes away, you had a killer headache and were feeling a little faint. You slowly made your way to Peter's apartment and knocked on his door. When Peter opened the door he saw your sweaty figure leaning up against the door frame. 

"Oh hey, what's wrong?" He asked, gesturing for you to enter his place. 

"I got a headache while getting ready and driving here I got all sweaty and gross. I think I'm sick," you said, immediately flopping down on his couch. "Where's Ned?"

"He had to go to Iowa for the weekend and his mom never told him. He left right after school, he never told you?" Peter asked as you shook your head," oh sorry." 

"Whatever," you said standing u groaning at the feeling in your stomach. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Peter asked, approaching you and watching you wince when move. "I don't think you should be going anywhere let alone the party. Why don't you stay here for the night? You can take my bed, and I'll take the couch?" Peter offered, as you nodded. This was the first time you and Peter were hanging out alone. 

Peter brought you blankets and heated some soup, while you watched some TV. It was nice to be taken care of. 

"It's been a long time since it's been just us," you said as Peter sat beside you on the couch. 

"Yeah, last time was our movie theatre date," he said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Hey, we haven't been able to talk just us in a while so I just wanted to apologize." 

"For what?" You asked, genuinely concerned.  

"For the way things ended between us. I kinda just ended thing out of the blue. It was a jerk move," Peter said, as you sat up to face him. 

"I don't blame you, you just lost your uncle and had just become Spider-Man. It was a lot to focus on," you shrugged. 

"Yeah but you where there before all of that happened. I should of been more thoughtful," Peter said. 

"I forgive you, you know. People grieve differently," you said as Peter cupped your cheek. 

"I'm so glad you were willing to talk to me. I was so worried you wouldn't talk to me. Thank you for talking to me," Peter said, pressing your forehead's together. 

"Kiss me Peter Parker," you whispered as Peter smiled. 

"Gladly," he grinned before connecting your lips for the first time in months.