Chapter 2

(After 5 years)

Lisa and her crew together with her business partner Irene, were very busy preparing for the soft opening of their restaurant.

"Lis, you need to see this," Irene pointed to the other restaurant. "What's up?"Lisa asked as she quickly went out. "See, the customers are all going there. We've had our soft opening but still our customers are few. I understand this would be the effects of renovations cause we stopped operations for almost 2 months but it's like we are back to step 1 Lis. We need to get back our costumers," Irene disappointedly said. "Wait let me think," Lisa replied.

Rosé was in the office. She went to Jisoo who was busy with the computer. "Chu, please call Ms. Swift first thing in the morning. We need those rags for Senial Homes," Rosé stated. "Noted my dear cousin, I will do it now," Jisoo responded. "Thank you," Rosé sighed in relief and left.

Rosé went to her co-worker Alice to return the markers she borrowed. She noticed that Alice's tummy was already bigger. "It won't be too long for you to see your baby," Rosé said while touching Alice's baby bump. "Me and my husband are really excited," Alice replied and Rosé smiled at her.

"Oh, it's past 5pm, aren't you going home?" Rosé asked. "Actually ma'am we are going home now. How about you?" Alice asked. "Yeah, just waiting for my driver lover," Rosé proudly said. "Wow!" Alice giggled.

Hae-in then arrived. "Hi Rosé," Hae-in greeted as he got inside the office. "Oh hi," Rosé replied. "Have you seen Jisoo?" He asked. "Yes, she's inside the office," Rosé said.

"Love let's go," Jisoo told Hae-in. "By the way my dear cousin it's done. See you tomorrow," Jisoo stated. "Take care both of you," Rosé bid goodbye.

All of Rosés co-workers already went home and she was left alone in the office waiting for Lisa.

"We need a good marketing strategy. Let's start by posting photos on our social media. Let's flood them with photos and news that we are back again. Then we can also get celebrity endorsers. Maybe that can help us. And chef, let's make more new recipes that can attract more people," Lisa suggested.

"Marketing would cost another budget and Lis we already used that budget for renovations. Have you seen the proposal I sent you? We need money for operations, practical and probable expenses, utility expenses, additional manpower. Among other things, we roughly need around 10 million," Irene explained.

"10 million?!" Lisa was shocked. "Yeah!" Irene replied. Suddenly, Lisa's phone rang. "Hold that, I'll just check this," Lisa said.

"Hello hon?" Lisa answered the call. "Where are you? You said you'll be here before 6 pm?" Rosé sadly confronted her. "Yes, I'm sorry I just need to wrap things here," Lisa guiltily said. "Hon, you promised that you'll be here on time," Rosé was upset. "Yes, I know. I'm fetching you in a bit. Okay goodbye," Lisa said anxiously and ended the call.

"Hey Irene, I'm sorry. Let's just talk about this in the morning. My wife needs me," Lisa explained and picked up her bag.

Lisa was about to go when her employee called her. "Chef Lisa please help. Our customer is choking with her food," the waiter nervously said. Lisa quickly ran to her.

Everyone in the resto was busy attending the emergency. Meanwhile, Rosé was hopelessly waiting for Lisa at her office.

Lisa arrived after a couple of hours.
"Why have you come anyway?" Rosé disappointedly asked when she saw Lisa arrived. "I'm sorry, there was an emergency at the restaurant," Lisa explained. "You better go back there. I already booked a ride home," Rosé said still upset. "But I'm already here. Let's go?" Lisa tried to convince her.

Rosé irritatedly looked at Lisa and walked ahead. Lisa immediately followed her.

"Rosé, why are you acting like that? We had an emergency at the restaurant. A customer was choking on her food. We need to attend to her. Irene was there too to help her," Lisa explained. "So, I'm indebted to you because you fetch me now? Oh thank you," Rosé sarcastically said.

"Rosé, that's not the point!" Lisa said annoyed. "If only you texted or called me so that I won't look like a fool waiting for you!" Rosé said irritated as her tears started to fall.

"My phone died on me," Lisa arguably said. "You never run out of excuses!" Rosé replied. "Oh cmon, I'm not making excuses here. That's what really happened!" Lisa reasoned out.

"Lis, once, twice, thrice, but this happens always. You will promise that you will drive and fetch me but most of the time it does not happen. Something always came up for you," Rosé bitterly said.

"Oh really?!!" Lisa started to get angry. "Yes! Remember the time I had an event 2 weeks ago? You didn't come with me or even drive me there. During couples night remember at Wendy's place, where were you? All of our friends were there with their partners while me, I'm single because you weren't there!!" Rosé furiously said.

"Oh, that's still an issue for you until now?! I already said sorry what still do you want?!" Lisa angrily said.

"You still don't know? I want you to fulfill what we have agreed! I want you to fulfill your promises!! If you promise to fetch me, to drive for me, be there on time. Not that I always wait for you!" Rosé asserted.

"Sorry, I don't want to fight with you! I'm so sorry!! So can we go home please?!! I had a really really long day!!!" Lisa exclaimed.

"Not just you Lis," Rosé softly said.

"My work needs to cook for the whole day!! How about you?! Good for you, you'll just need to draw!! Let's go!!!" Lisa angrily yelled.

Lisa saw her wife peacefully sleeping in their bed as she went out from the bathroom. She laid beside her with their backs facing each other. Unknown to her that her wife was still awake and just feeling things around her.