Chapter 5

Lisa was driving her car. She called Rosé over the phone. "Hon, remember we are having dinner with mom and dad. We promised them. We have to be there. I'm coming to get you," Lisa said. "Don't bother, I'll just go there after my work," Rosé said. "What?! You'll take a taxi?" Lisa surprisingly asked. "Just leave it to me. See you there, okay?" Rosé ended the call and got the new car key in her bag.

Lisa and Rosé arrived at the same time for the dinner. "What's that?" Lisa confusingly asked Rosé pointing to the new car. "It's my new car," Rosé proudly said. "You bought a car without consulting me?" Lisa asked in disbelief. "If I did told you, will you allow?" Rosé asked back. "Hon, we agreed that I will have the car so that I can drive and fetch you," Lisa calmly said. "Exactly! But does it happens?" Rosé asked. "Look, if this is about the other night, I'm sorry we didn't go home early. I can't leave..." Lisa was cut off.

"Excuses. You can't drive me or fetch me on time so it's just right that I have my own car so that you'll not be disturbed anymore. And if you're worried about the payment, well..." Rosé was halted.

"That's not the point Rosé," Lisa said. "I'm just trying to be practical why can't you see it? Do we need to fight for this? I'm trying to make your life easier," Rosé argued.

"Fine, let's not make it an issue. I'm just worried you didn't tell me," Lisa defeatedly said. "For your peace of mind I already paid it in full. So there's no need for car loan. You don't have to worry about it, okay?" Rosé softly said.

Lisa was hesitant but was able to say what's in her mind. "Speaking of loan, I'm thinking of applying. You've seen what's going on the restaurant, right? We are losing costumers. We need funds for marketing and operations," Lisa confessed.

"How much do you need?" Rosé asked with concern in her voice. "Roughly around 10 million," Lisa shakingly said. "10 million?!!" Rosé was shocked. "You have to consider the operational cost, the foreseeable expenses. We need to buy furnitures and appliances because the resto has wider space now. We have to hire new staff," Lisa explained.

"Okay, what did Irene said. Or is this her idea? Won't you share in the expenses?" Rosé asked.

"Why do you ask so many questions?" Lisa asked irritated. "Is it wrong to ask? I mean, she is your business partner after all. She must also share in the expenses," Rosé said.

"Well, she's putting in half of the money, okay? So I just need 5 million. Maybe we can use our house as collateral?" Lisa responded.

"Are you crazy?!! We just finished paying it and you want it to be used as collateral? Lisa why don't you ask help from your dad?" Rosé suggested.

"No!! You know the situation between me and dad. And you are not going to tell him about this," Lisa firmly stated.

"But still you can't use our house as collateral," Rosé asserted. "Fine!! So be it!!" Lisa angrily said.

"You open up regarding this matter but just ignored my opinion?" Rosé asked in disbelief. "Because you're opposing me! You know what? Forget it. Let's just drop it," Lisa sighed heavily and left Rosé in the parking lot.

Lisa and Rosé were warmly welcomed by Lisa's parents together with Lisa's younger sister Tzuyu.

Rosé was in the living room having a little chitchat with her father-in-law. She was asked when they'll be having a baby. "I really don't know dad. We are still busy with work. Especially now that Lisa has a problem in the resto," Rosé said.

"Problem? What problem?" Their dad asked. "Actually it's not really a problem dad. They just need additional money for operations and hire additional staff," Rosé nervously said. "Then hire additional staff so that she'll have more time for you and that we can have our grandchild," Lisa's dad said.

"I always have time for Lisa dad. But you know, she's so busy. I'm not like Mother Mary. I will not get pregnant if she doesn't cooperate, right?" Rosé asserted. Her father-in-law just nodded.

Everyone was in the table eating dinner. "Lisa, why are you hiring additional staff? Rosé mentioned to me that you need additional staff for the expansion of your resto," Lisa's dad suddenly asked. "Sure dad I'll be hiring more people soon," Lisa said while glaring at Rosé.

"By the way, can you really trust your employees?" Her dad asked again. "Of course!" Lisa irritatedly replied. "If that's the case, there's no problem. You can give some of your work to them," her dad said.

"And why would I do that?" Lisa asked. "Marco, it wouldn't be bad if Lisa is hands-on in her business," Lisa's mom said.

"Hands-on? She doesn't even have time for her wife. Rosé is also hands-on but makes time for Lisa. She wants to have a baby. But how? Lisa is so busy," Lisa's dad said. Upon hearing those from her father, Lisa angrily looked at Rosé.

Lisa and Rosé arrived home. "Thank you for this wonderful evening," Lisa sarcastically said. "Could you be anymore settled with your sarcasm Lisa?" Rosé said annoyed.

"C'mon Rosé, you shouldn't told him anything," Lisa said. "What do you want me to do? Tell your dad lies? He's asking. Do u want me to make stories to cover you up?" Rosé asked.

"My point is, this issue should be just between you and me. But still you told dad. You know that it's so hard for me to please him and here you added up?" Lisa annoyingly said.

"So that's your concern? How about me?" Rosé asked. "Why does everything have to be about you?" Lisa asked. "It's just not about me but about us Lisa. It's us that should be talking about your work, about life!" Rosé answered.

"Wow! Look who's talking. You didn't even talked to me about buying your car! You just buy it on your own! Do you want us to be disrespecting each other?!" Lisa furiously asked.

"I knew it, you're mad at it. Can't get over," Rosé flatly said.

"Rosé, can't you understand? This means so much to me. It means so much to me that we are riding the same car. So that we can talk. Don't you know how important that is to me?" Lisa asked.

"In which most of the time just end up in fights," Rosé said teary-eyed.

"Coz you're making it an issue and gets angry easily if i can't text, call or fetch you!!" Lisa answered back.

"Because you always ignore me! How many times did you do that to me? Have you counted?!" Rosé asked.

"You're good in that. Bringing back things from the past. I thought we're done with that? You always reproach me with my work. I'm doing all of this for our family, for our future children!" Lisa said.

"And when will that happen? 5 years ago, you said let's wait and build our careers, fine! I've given you the chance but where are we now Lisa? We are drifting apart. How are we going to have a baby?!" Rosé said.

"You are just making things complicated," Lisa replied. "You want it simple? Then know your priorities. Lisa this time give me the chance. Let's have a baby," Rosé pleaded. Lisa was just speechless.

"So, you can't answer me? I know you're not interested coz that restaurant is your baby!" Rosé bitterly said.

"You really have to go there? Even fight for this? Are we going to be like this always?! I'm so tired of you!" Lisa angrily said. "You're not the only one tired here! I'm so tired to understand you! This relationship isn't going anywhere," Rosé said and walked away.

"So what do you want huh?! You want a break up?!" Lisa yelled.