Chapter 20

"Jen, you look pale. C'mon let's rest for a while," Chahee requested Jennie to sit in a nearby bench at the park. "I have difficulties in sleeping and eating these past few days. I think my world is getting smaller. It's so hard to breath," Jennie expressed.

"You know Jen, you're not alone," Chahee stated. "I know," Jennie replied.

"No, that's not what I meant. I didn't mean to say that I'm here and your mom. What I'm trying to say is that, you're not the only one who experienced that. Millions of women were left behind but still, they were able to survive. And you will suvive too for sure," Chahee encouraged her.

"I don't know where to start," Jennie sadly admitted. "I think you still have a choice," Chahee responded. "What is it?" Jennie asked curiously.

"Bet on the lottery," Chahee jokingly said. "Chahee, for real?" Jennie asked in disbelief.

"But seriously, look for a job or have a business. You're over the hard part because it's not easy to be Kai's wife. And now he is gone, so cheer up!" Chahee concluded. 

"Tzuyu, what are you going to do if you want to stop worrying on something," Lisa asked while opening the food Tzuyu brought. "Why?" Tzuyu asked. "Just tell me," Lisa replied.

"I'm thinking if my concerns still matters a year or two from now. Let's say for example I failed in a subject. A year from now it wouldn't matter," Tzuyu stated. "But it would. If you planned on graduating," Lisa argued.

"Well I'm not, cause I'm still second year. But still, so what? I can retake, start over, right? For me, when something goes wrong you either give up or start again," Tzuyu explained.

"Why Lisa? Is there something bothering you?" She added. "Nothing," Lisa sighed and her phone rang.

Lisa saw Jennie sitting in the police station when she arrived. "Mrs. Kim, Ms. Manoban," the police officer greeted. "Sir, any update?" Jennie asked. "We already know who shoot them," the police officer answered.

"Tzuyu, come here. Will this be enough for the children in the orphanage?" Her mom asked while preparing meals. Tzuyu sat down beside her mother. "By the way, why are you here? I thought you will accompany Lisa in the hospital?" Her mom asked curiously. "Mom, the investigators called her. Probably they already have lead regarding the suspects," Tzuyu replied. "That's good news. Hopefully they will be able to arrest them," her mom stated which earned a nod from Tzuyu.

"Please come inside," the police officer led the way and Jennie and Lisa followed him. "Through the help of our Anti-Carnapping Task Force, we were able to find their cars. We've talked to a witness and he said that he saw the suspects driving the cars of the victims. Are they familiar to you?" The police officer asked while showing Lisa and Jennie a cartographic sketch. Both Lisa and Jennie shook their heads while looking at the sketch.

"Think carefully. Probably you already saw them hanging near your house. It's possible that they spied your partners," the police officer asserted. "I don't know. Rosé has a lot of clients. I'm sure she encountered them," Lisa stated. "Kai too," Jennie uttered.

"Okay, I'll just give you updates when we'll get new leads," the police officer concluded. "Thank you," Lisa replied.

"By the way, these are the personal things left by the victims," the police officer stated handing Lisa a small traveling bag and a luggage bag for Jennie. Jennie hugged the luggage bag and started to cry. "Condolence," Lisa said sincerely.

"Listen. There are rumors that Rosé had an affair with the man she's with," Lisa's dad told his wife and Tzuyu. "What?!" Lisa's mom exclaimed.

"Yes. And another thing, Lisa made foolishness again at the resto!" Lisa's dad angrily said. "Wait, Lisa didn't told me anything," his wife replied.

"Of course she won't tell you her foolishness," Lisa's dad asserted. "C'mon dad, stop blaming Lisa. It's Rosé's fault why all of this happened," Tzuyu defensively said.

"Wait, wait, wait. What are you saying? What do you mean?" Her mom was puzzled. "She's really having an affair with that Kai," Tzuyu revealed.

"Tzuyu, it's not easy to accuse on things like this," her dad argued. "Dad, I saw them," Tzuyu insisted.

Lisa opened the traveling bag. She then saw the other phone of Rosé which she claimed to be a company phone.

Jennie who was still crying outside the office caught her attention. 

"What do you want?" Jennie asked when Lisa sat beside her. "The truth. I need to know the truth. That day when you went to the resto, I could tell you have something to say to me," Lisa answered.

"Just forget it," Jennie replied as she wiped her tears. "Please, tell me. Does Kai and Rosé had an affair?" Lisa asked again.