Chapter 65

"So you send pastries to Rosé?" Lisa interestingly asked Jennie. "I just want to thank her for taking care of you. I also apologized for accusing her regarding the home wrecker picture," Jennie explained. "I can't believe you. How were you able to apologize to her after what Rosé and Kai did?" Lisa asked in disbelief. "Because of you. I'm doing all of this because of you. I know how important it is to you that all of us are okay for the sake of your baby," Jennie answered which made Lisa smile.

"Jen, you don't have to do this. I know how hard it is for you to reach out to her," Lisa worriedly said. "It's okay. And honestly I'm thankful to her. And it's just right that I apologized because I accused her. Don't worry okay?" Jennie said and Lisa smiled at her.

"I'm so good right? That's why you should be good too. Where can you find a girlfriend like me?" Jennie jokingly said as she fed Lisa a cupcake while Lisa was smiling at her. "It's so delicious," Lisa commented. 

"You know, that Jennie is pretentious. She's doing it to capture our hearts so that we won't object to her relationship with Lisa," Lisa's dad mockingly said while laughing. "Don't say that. She seems sincere," Lisa's mom defensively said. 

"I admit mom, dad, I also had reservations towards her before. But I saw that she's a good person. We can't deny that she really helped Lisa after what happened to us. And now, she's supporting Lisa as a parent to our baby. Dad, I think her intentions are good," Rosé sincerely said. 

"How about you and Lisa?" Lisa's dad curiously asked. "It's enough for me that we're friends again. Honestly, it's more than what I deserve after what I've done to her. I should be thankful to Jennie because she's not stopping Lisa from being friends with me. Instead, she's supportive, open, and let Lisa help me with our baby," Rosé said teary-eyed. 

"Yes mom, I'm going home now. And why would Lisa give me salary? I just wanted to be with her. See you later mom. Bye," Jennie said through the phone. 

"How's your mom?" Irene asked Jennie who was at the kitchen by herself. "She's fine," Jennie answered smiling at Irene. "I'm sure she's not happy with Rosé's pregnancy," Irene stated. "Lisa mentioned that you'll have the contract signing soon with the investor. Congrats!" Jennie cheerfully said as she changed the topic. 

"Lisa will get busy once that deal is signed. So I hope that you have enough common sense not to disturb her when she's working like what you did today. Now if you want to keep her close because you're insecure that she's going to have a baby with Rosé, don't do it here in the restaurant. Do it at home for all I care," Irene sarcastically said and started to walk away. 

"If it's just okay with Lisa that I'm here, I will still come here," Jennie said which made Irene stop. "Now if you're bitter that she chooses me and not you, I'm sorry but I can do nothing about it," Jennie stated and left Irene annoyed. 

"Hello mom?" Lisa answered the call. "Are you busy? Wanna have dinner at home?" Her mom asked. 

"Dinner with your family?" Jennie anxiously asked. "Well if you're not willing, you may not go. I'm sure they'll understand if you're not ready yet," Lisa assured her. "Maybe Tzuyu will get mad again," Jennie worriedly said. "Okay, I'll just tell them you're not coming," Lisa stated. 

"No! I will go with you. I want to meet your family too," Jennie said. "Are you sure?" Lisa excitedly asked which earned a nod from Jennie. 

"Why don't I have any dress for meet the parents?" Jennie complained while choosing among her dress. "Try wearing a sack and let's see how they're going to treat you," Jennie's mom jokingly said. "Mom, you're really not helping me," Jennie said disappointed.