Chapter 16

Lisa was crying so hard looking at Rosé lying on the hospital bed still unconscious. Her head was wrapped with bandage and an endotracheal tube was attached to her mouth. "I'm sorry," Lisa said while crying. "I'm sorry, I wasn't there. I'm always away whenever you need me," Lisa said in between sobs while holding Rosé's hand tenderly. 

Jennie saw the scene between Lisa and Rosé. When Lisa went out of the ICU, she quickly turned her back so that Lisa won't see her. Jennie went back to the glass window and observed Rosé. 

While crying and looking at Rosé she talked to herself. "So you are Rosé. In fairness, you're beautiful... and flirt. So there's no doubt my husband likes you. But you, why did you flirted with my husband too? You have a wife and I saw her worriedly watching over you. I don't understand why you have to flirt with my husband. Your wife is pretty and handsome at the same time and looks kind. Why did you even get Kai? What kind of woman are you? And because of you, my husband is hovering between life and death now."

"Hey Lisa," Jisoo greeted when she arrived at the hospital with Hae-in. "I didn't know you're coming," Lisa responded. "I'll watch Rosé for awhile. You two take your time, okay?" Jisoo told Lisa and Hae-in. "Thanks Chu," Lisa said as Jisoo went inside the hospital.

"How are you?" Hae-in asked Lisa who was drinking her coffee outside the hospital. "A little bit better, now that Rosé is out of surgery," Lisa assured him.

"I called the investigator but still they don't have any lead with the suspects," Hae-in sadly said. "C'mon, you don't need to do that. You know, my mom even overreacted when the investigators questioned me," Lisa told him.

"I already told your mom not to worry about the investigation. They need to do it because it's the standard procedure. Besides, we all know that you have nothing to do with the incident," Hae-in stated. "Yeah," Lisa shortly replied.

"I'm more concern of the man she's with," Hae-in uttered. "Why?" Lisa curiously asked.

"I made a background check. He is married but known to be a womanizer. Years ago, he had a case, sexual harassment, but was able to settle it," Hae-in disclosed everything he learned about Kai. "Does Jisoo knows about this?" Lisa asked surprised. Hae-in shook his head in response.

Jennie was about to leave when Jisoo arrived at Rosé's room. "I know you. You're the wife of Kai, right? What are you doing here? Why did you come to see my cousin?" Jisoo asked curiously. "You are Rosé's cousin?" Jennie asked back. "Yes," Jisoo shortly replied.

"Do you know about the relationship between them?" Jennie interestingly asked. "Relationship? Kai is just our client," Jisoo nervously said. "Client? Are you serious?" Jennie asked in disbelief. "Yes," Jisoo firmly stated. "If that's the case, please tell your cousin when she wakes up, that she's fired. So don't she dare see my husband again. Do you get it?" Jennie said and left.

"Rosé, if you can hear me, please wake up. Kai's wife was just here. What if she'll tell Lisa everything? I already lied at Lisa's mom and Hae-in. I didn't told them about your affair with Kai. I want to cover you up as long as I can because I don't want your life to be ruined just because of a single mistake. But I don't know until when I can do this," Jisoo worriedly said and looked outside to see Lisa and Hae-in at the glass window.

"I went to Rosé. She's really pretty even with the tubes in her. I can see her beauty. But, is it the only reason why you have an affair with her? Do you love her Kai? I know if you're awake right now, you'll just deny everything. Then you'll say, you only love me and I will believe in you again. Because I'm a fool, I love you Kai. Even if it hurts me repeatedly, I still forgive you. Do you hear me Kai? I love you. I love you so much," Jennie said while crying in front of Kai that was still unconscious. 

"We need to talk. Why did you entertain Kai? Hae-in told me everything about him. He looks he can't be trusted," Lisa asked Jisoo when she went out the ICU. "Lis, he's a flirt. But other than that, he's a good client," Jisoo answered nervously.

Lisa looked at Rosé. "I should have known. He was with her the whole time and yet I don't even know how he looks like," Lisa said irritated.

"That's him," Hae-in handed his phone to Lisa showing pictures of Kai. Lisa scrolled the pictures of Kai. His last picture was a wedding picture.

"This woman, I knew her," Lisa said. "How? That's Jennie Kim, Kai's wife," Hae-in stated. "You've seen her?" Jisoo asked curiously. Lisa thought carefully where she saw her.