Chapter 8

"This should not be happening. We both have partners, we are married," Rosé said while sobbing as she felt guilty. "Yes, but I don't feel sorry. Partners who just neglect us," Kai said comforting her. "This is so wrong," Rosé added. "They won't know this anyway. I need you and you need me. I didn't ask for you to leave your wife. All I'm saying is that I'm here for you whenever you need me. You deserved to be loved and cared," he replied while cupping Rosés face. In return, Rosé hugged him. "Just let me take care of you," Kai said.

Rosé went home and found Lisa sleeping soundly in the bedroom. She directly went to the bathroom and wiped all over herself with a tissue while crying. She then remembered Lisa's broken promises, the times she always waited and their fights. And then Kai's picture came to her mind with his promise that he'll take care of her. It made her stopped crying.

Morning time and Lisa who came from jogging met Rosé who was ready to go to work. Rosé accidentally touched Lisa's hand and she quickly got her hand off. "Why so early?" Lisa asked. "I have something to fix before the start of the presentation," Rosé answered. "Why not stay for a few minutes? I can make us a quick breakfast to make it up from my fault last night," Lisa said stuttering. "Never mind, I really need to go," Rosé said flatly. "Hon, uhm about last night something came up with dad and..." Lisa tried to explain. "Enough. Lisa I already know what you're going to say. Let's just drop it okay?" Rosé replied. "Just that?" Lisa puzzled. "Yeah. What are you expecting? That I'll be mad? That we'll fight again? What can that do? Nothing right?" Rosé asserted. "That's why I want to explain to you," Lisa calmly said. "There's no need for that. I'm used to your excuses," Rosé said and left her. "Rosé, please listen to me," Lisa called her out. "Just have your breakfast," Rosé answered without looking back.  

Lisa was so busy at the restaurant together with Irene preparing the place, tables and menus. Meanwhile, Rosé was enjoying sex with Kai. 

Rosé went back to the office. She can't help but smile reading the messages in her phone. "Who are you texting?" Jisoo asked. "Hmm, it's Kai," Rosé answered.

"They've made the table smoothly this time. Aren't we gonna treat it?" Jisoo asked while checking the newly made table. "We can suggest it to the client. Maybe they have preferred termite controller," Rosé replied.

"Yes, cause you know termites can really ruin. When they get inside the wood, even if how sturdy the wood is, it will be damaged," Jisoo meaningfully said.

"Are you referring it to me?" Rosé annoyingly asked. "Why? Are you a termite?" Jisoo responded and left Rosé. 

Jennie was so busy taking care of her husband who was having a dinner. "What do you want to drink? Juice? Water?" She asked. "Water please. You really cooks so well my love," Kai appreciated his wife. "Thank you," Jennie timidly said. "And this is for the dessert. I baked that," she said as she handed him a cake. "So plenty of food here my love when it's just the two of us," Kai commented.  "Don't worry, I'll give some of these to our neighbor because it's her son's birthday," Jennie happily said.

"My love, my friend suggested that I will try online business," Jennie told Kai and earned a laugh from him which disappointed Jennie. "Sorry, I'm just surprised you wanted to have a business. My love who do you think will be interested nowadays with home-cooked meals?" Kai amusingly asked. "But my love, according to my friend it's the trend now," Jennie insisted. "If that's the case it'll be harder for you due to competition. My love, you know running a business is not as simple as cooking and then you're done. You need to think about pricing, labor..." Kai explained. "I can do that. I'm not stupid," Jennie sadly said. Kai just smiled at her.

"Okay, how many times did you fail in Math? Okay I'm just kidding. My love, just give your full attention in taking care of me, alright?" Kai told her.

"How will I take care of you if you're not home always?" Jennie bitterly said. "My love, I'm working for us. And speaking of work, I'll be out of town this weekend. I'll just check the newly constructed resort," Kai said.

"Please I want to go with you," Jennie pleaded. "My love, it's work. You'll just get bored there. We'll have our own out-of-town after that. Just you and me," Kai said to convince Jennie. 

Jennie was preparing Kai's stuff for his out-of-town while the latter was talking to Rosé on the phone. "I'm not feeling well today," Rosé said. "I can make you feel good," Kai seductively said. "You always say the right things," Rosé responded. "C'mon, let's meet up later," Kai said. 

"My love, are these okay for you?" Jennie asked while showing Kai the outfits she prepared. "By the way, what do you want for dinner?" She added.

"I have a business meeting later. I'm not having my dinner here," Kai said which made Jennie sad.

"Please don't be sad, I'll make it up to you next time," Kai said as he hugged Jennie whose face looked unhappy.

"I'll just take the shower," Kai said and left. 

Jennie then suspiciously checked Kai's recent phone call. There she read Rosé Manoban.