Chapter 9

Lisa and Rosé had dinner together with Jisoo and Hae-in in her restaurant. Lisa was introducing them their new recipe. "That's how I put olive oil into it. There's also a special garlic. But I won't tell you cause that's my secret," Lisa jokingly said.

"Okay let's try, take a bite," Lisa added while Rosé remained silent. How Kai touched her filled Rosé's head. Then Lisa noticed Rosé.

"Hon, are you okay?" Lisa asked. "What?" Rosé anxiously asked. "I was just telling Hae-in and Jisoo about this garlic breads and what I did with them. I was inviting them to the reopening of the restaurant," Lisa explained.

"Yeah, yeah, you should go," Rosé told Jisoo and Hae-in stuttering. "Of course," Jisoo replied. "That's a promise okay?" Lisa said.

"By the way Rosé, when is the restaurant's reopening?" Lisa asked. Rosé was shocked of Lisa's question. "Hmm?" She uttered.

"Anyway, guys just eat those. They're so delicious," Lisa told Jisoo and Hae-in. She then faced her wife.

"You okay? You seem kinda space out," Lisa worriedly asked. "Maybe Rosé is already tired," Hae-in commented as Jisoo suspiciously eyed Rosé.

"Hon, do you have a long day? Wanna go home?" Lisa asked Rosé while massaging her back. Rosé was still quiet.

"Love, they're so sweet. I want to have a massage too even we're 5 years married," Jisoo told Hae-in. "Of course. Do you want a full body massage?" Hae-in teased Jisoo.

"That's what it means sweet. Having time for a full body massage," Rosé said while removing Lisa's hand at her back. "I have time," Lisa confidently said.

"Really? What's your usual schedule? Wake up at 6, jog for an hour, eat breakfast, go here in the restaurant, go home late. And when you're home, you're already tired, good night!" Rosé mockingly said. Jisoo and Hae-in looked at them puzzled.

"Guys, don't believe her. She must be drunk already," Lisa playfully said and they laughed except Rosé.

"For me, I wake up at 6. I try to eat breakfast with her but I didn't know I'll eat alone. Then I'll go to work, call and text her in between meetings. Sometimes she responds but most of the time just got ignored. When I go home, I'll have to wait for her. And when she arrives, she's tired again. What did you say? You have time?" Rosé smiled sarcastically.

"You know what, you might have had too much to drink. So that's enough," Lisa said while getting Rosé's glass of wine.

"Hae-in, you have to watch out. After 5 years Jisoo might be like her. Don't want that to happen. So sometimes it's better to shut up, you know, to avoid fights. Just because of a massage?" Lisa laughed.

"So, enjoy the sweet moments now. Cause the honeymoon stage is not forever. Excuse me," Rosé said as she left. 

Jisoo followed Rosé at the restroom. "Hey, what's got in to you? Why it seems you're mad at Lisa? You're embarrassing her in front of us," Jisoo worriedly said.

"It's better to embarrass her for her to rethink things," Rosé said. "Why? Are you having problems? I mean, what are you looking for? You have a perfect wife," Jisoo sighed.

"If you only know. Lisa is far from perfect. I just didn't disclose my marriage to you because I don't want to ruin your dreams. But everything I said awhile ago are all true. For years, I'm always begging for Lisa's attention. I want her to prioritize me but it seems it's me who needs to understand her always. It's so tiring. Lisa neglected me for so long. When I'm with her, it's like I'm just an acquaintance to her. There's no passion, spark, fire, nothing at all," Rosé confessed.

"And you found those from someone else?" Jisoo asked. "Kai is a good friend. Even for a moment, he makes me happy," Rosé said while wiping her tears.

"But he can't help you. You'll be more confused if you continue that. Don't play with fire, you might get burned," Jisoo advised.

The next day, Lisa called her younger sister. "Tzuyu baby, tonight is the grand reopening of the restaurant. Make sure you're there with mom okay and..... maybe dad," Lisa said who hesitated to say the last word. "Ahm, not sure with dad. Maybe he's not ready yet cause you know, you two had fight. Why not come over and talk things over. Just say you're sorry okay?" Tzuyu advised. "Maybe let things cool a little bit. Just tell him I invited him. Okay see you tonight?" Lisa said and ended the call.

"I bet that is Rosé's car. What is she doing here in the cafe?" Tzuyu asked herself. "I will just surprise her," she said excitedly. Tzuyu saw Rosé got out of her car so she got her phone and called her.

"Hello Tzuyu?" Rosé answered the call. "Hi! Where are you?" Tzuyu asked while looking at Rosé in a distance. "I'm at the office, a little busy. I gotta go, bye" Rosé said. Tzuyu was confused why Rosé lied. She then saw Rosé got inside accompanied by a man holding her waist.