Chapter 43

"Jennie! You went to Lisa again?! I already told you to stop it!" Jennie's mom said frustratedly when Jennie arrived home. "Mom, I just ended our friendship. So relax, okay?" Jennie argued. "Really..." Her mom sarcastically asked. "It's for real mom," Jennie stated. "Then that's good," her mom replied. "But the problem is, I will not have income anymore," Jennie sighed. "It's okay, we will find ways," her mom concluded.

"Why don't we go with Lisa and Rosé this Friday? It's been long enough that we've go out as a family," Lisa's dad suggested while having breakfast with his wife and Tzuyu. "Really? How about your schedule during Fridays?" His wife asked. "I mean it when I said that I want to make it up to you. What do you think Tzuyu?" He asked as he went near to Tzuyu and his wife. 

"Do you think dinner would fix everything?" Tzuyu sarcastically asked her dad. "Tzuyu!" Her mom annoyingly uttered. "Mom, our family is facing a lot of problems. And I don't think having dinner together would change that," Tzuyu asserted. "Well that's true, our problems won't be solved with just one meal. But Tzuyu, it's a good start," her mom insisted. Tzuyu shook her head in disagreement. 

Lisa went to get beer when she saw Rosé eating in the dining table. "Why you're still awake?" Lisa asked interestingly. "Hunger pangs," Rosé replied. "Okay. By the way mom is inviting us for a dinner at their place this Friday," Lisa stated. "Okay," Rosé responded while still eating. "Good night," Lisa uttered but she remembered what Jennie told her "Believe it or not, I wish you and Rosé to be okay. At least one of us is a winner in love life. So don't waste your chance, okay?" 

Lisa went near Rosé. "Can I join you?" Lisa asked. "Of course. Do you want some hotdog? This tastes good with beer," Rosé happily offered. "Yeah. Can I borrow you fork?" Lisa asked. "Of course," Rosé replied smiling at her.

"Try this one. Let me know if it's good so we can sign him up asap," Irene told Lisa pointing to the cupcakes in the table. "It's okay," Lisa replied while munching. "Is that all? Just okay? He studied in Italy. Okay is an understatement," Irene said in disbelief. "It's good," Lisa stated. "Good? Just that?" Irene asked not convinced. "It's perfect," Lisa flatly said. "Wow, only you makes perfect sounds so bad," Irene sarcastically said. "No Irene it's not that. I'm just looking for those little imperfections from those homemade pastries that Jennie made. I'm looking for those difference. This is not it. Do you have any update on her? Did she find another job?" Lisa curiously asked. "You know what, I'm sure she lands on her feet. Don't worry about her," Irene answered which made Lisa sad. 

"Jennie, you rest for a while. You're putting so much time in baking. See, your wrist is getting red. Come here," her mom said as she assisted Jennie to sit and put plasters on the swollen area.  Jennie then remembered when Lisa put plaster in her wrist and told her, "You know what, your husband is a fool for treating you the way he did. And I'm sorry my wife is part of that. You know, one day, you will find someone who will love you, the way you deserve to be treated.

"Rosé," Irene uttered when she saw Rosé arrived in the restaurant. "Where's Lisa?" Rosé asked. "She's in the kitchen. What are you doing here?" Irene curiously asked. "Do I need any reason to visit my wife?" Rosé answered. "No, of course not," Irene replied as she followed Rosé's eyes on the pastries displayed. "Jennie is not our supplier anymore for pastries if that's what you are thinking," Irene stated. "She quit?" Rosé inquired. "Yeah, I mean, who can blame Jennie right? If it's me, I can't endure working too with someone who is the wife of the person who had an affair with my husband. It's too complicated," Irene mockingly said.

"Irene, one of our chefs texted he can't come to work. What are we going to do?" Lisa asked looking at her phone and was startled to see Rosé. "Do you need help? I'm here," Rosé gladly offered. 

"Miss, kindly check it again," Jennie pleaded the employee while holding a box of cupcakes. "The person you're looking for isn't working here. Maybe you were scammed by the person who ordered you that," the employee insisted. "What am I going to do now? I baked a lot of cupcakes.    Maybe you like these blueberry cupcakes? I'll give it to you in a lower price," Jennie stated. 

"Jennie?" Hanbin uttered when he saw Jennie talking to the employee. "Hanbin? Hanbin! It's been a long time. How are you?" Jennie excitedly asked. "I'm fine. What are those? Cupcakes? What happened?" Hanbin asked. "I think someone scammed me," Jennie sadly said. "Let's get inside my office and talk about that," Hanbin said leading the way.

Lisa saw that Rosé was having a hard time slicing the potato. She decided to go to her. "Hey, stop for awhile. You do it like this okay? Put your force here so that you don't cut yourself. Alright, cut. Hold it properly," Lisa said while teaching Rosé. "Thank you," Rosé uttered. "You might get a cut that will make me lose some money," Lisa replied and left. 

"Thank you so much for buying all of my cupcakes. You know, that stupid scammer ordered a lot and in the end, he's a fake," Jennie declared. "That's what our company tries to avoid. We really confirm that all orders are legit for the sake of our sellers," Hanbin stated. 

"You know, I still can't believe that you're a CFO here. I thought all this time you're in the U.S. Who would have thought that the nerd in college will become a CFO. You know if Kai is only here, he will be proud of you too," Jennie told Hanbin. "Sorry I wasn't able to attend Kai's funeral. I was in San Francisco during that time," Hanbin reasoned out. "It's okay, you even sent a large amount. I almost got dizzy when I counted the number of zeros," Jennie replied. "You're still a joker," Hanbin said while laughing at Jennie. 

"Oh, I have a meeting and it's about to start in a few minutes," Hanbin anxiously said while looking at his phone. "I'm sorry if I'm taking your time," Jennie responded. "By the way, are you free tomorrow night? Let's have dinner. If it's okay with you, let's catch up," Hanbin said. "Okay, see you tomorrow," Jennie said and left.