Chapter 40

"What? What happened? Where's Jennie?" Irene curiously asked when Lisa went back inside the restaurant. "I don't know. She already left," Lisa replied as she tried to call Jennie.

"You know, just let...just let her be. I'm pretty sure the last thing she needs right now is to be reminded of what happened. Just give her the time," Irene explained and Lisa put down her phone when Jennie didn't answer the call. "Look Irene, I'm so sorry that I dragged you into this. I should have admitted it to Rosé that nothing really happened between us," Lisa regretfully said.

"Lis, you wanted to hurt Rosé. I get it," Irene responded. "But still I shouldn't have used you," Lisa argued.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm fine with it. I mean, God knows that if I were placed in the same position as you, I would have done the same thing. But Jennie..." Irene  thought for a moment. "No, I'm not using Jennie," Lisa said shaking her head.

"Are you sure?" Irene asked. "I promise," Lisa replied.

"You lied to Rosé about us. So what makes your relationship with Jennie any different? Lis, there's a very thin line between helping someone and using someone. How sure are you that you're not crossing the line?" Irene asked which made Lisa speechless. Irene then shrugged her shoulders and left Lisa. 

"The lawyer was here awhile ago. He brought the things you requested in the court. I don't understand why you still need those," Jennie's mom told her softly when she arrived home. Jennie went to look at the things that the lawyer brought. She checked on Kai's small bag, wedding ring, and phone. She tried to open the phone but the battery was drained so she charged it.

"Jennie, you're really a masochist," her mom commented when she saw what Jennie was doing. 

Jennie checked the files and saw a video of Rosé covered only with a blanket with Kai's voice in the background. "If only I met you first, I will marry you," Kai said. "Shut up," Rosé replied in a flirty manner. "I'm serious, you're the only woman I loved," Kai stated.

Jennie turned off the phone while crying so hard. Her mom grabbed the phone and threw it on the floor while hugging Jennie. 

"Rosé, I heard you canceled your PT session," Jisoo confronted Rosé who was sitting on her bed. "There's no sense at all," Rosé replied.

"What are you saying? You have all your life ahead of you. It's not that Lisa doesn't forgive you, you'll just give up on everything," Jisoo argued. "I don't deserve to get better Jisoo. I've hurt a lot of people already. I should've died together with Kai!" Rosé responded.

"Don't say that! You only committed one mistake. One!! Everybody commits mistake. Others are even worse! Rosé look, Lisa didn't slept with Irene. That should tell you something. Even how much she hates you, she still loves you. Hold on to that," Jisoo told Rosé who was teary-eyed. 

Lisa was in the kitchen turning off the lights when she contemplated whether to call Jennie or not. She then remembered what Irene told her. "There's a very thin line between helping someone and using someone. How sure are you that you're not crossing the line?"

"Lisa," Tzuyu uttered. Lisa's thoughts were cut. "Hey Tzuyu, you didn't inform me that you're coming," Lisa told her. Tzuyu went to her and hugged her tightly. 

"Good. Cousin, you're doing so well," Jisoo commended Rosé who was walking faster using the walker. Rosé looked at Jisoo smiling sadly.

"What face is that? You should be happy because you can walk without assistance," Jisoo stated. "Yes I'm happy, but what's this effort for? Lisa still won't forgive me," Rosé said shaking her head.

"Don't give up. Time will come that Lisa will forgive you. But for now, focus on your recovery. And when you're better, you can do anything to make it up to Lisa," Jisoo said which gave Rosé a hope.

Jennie woke up when Kai strangled her with his hands.

"Who are you to hurt Rosé huh?!" Kai angrily said. "My love," Jennie uttered as she tried to free herself from Kai. "Why do you still love her so much? Didn't you heard what she said? She didn't love you!" Jennie stated angrily. "I don't care!! It's her that I love!!" Kai replied still strangling Jennie. "How about me?! Despite of everything, I loved you! I didn't leave you! But why it's still her you are choosing?" Jennie asked. "Because you are useless!! When we got married, I thought you'll just be submissive!! But you weren't able to do that!! If only you died instead of me, maybe Rosé and I are still together!!" Kai yelled. He then grabbed a pillow and covered Jennie's face.

Jennie woke up for real when she felt suffocated. "Jennie, are you okay? You didn't even told me that you met Rosé," her mom confronted her. Jennie didn't answer her. Instead, she got up from her bed and went outside her room followed by her mom. 

"I loved Kai so much but I'm just nothing to him. He just made me look like a fool," Jennie said while sobbing.

She saw Kai's picture and grabbed it. "I did loved you!! You jerk!!!" Jennie said and threw the picture frame on the floor.

She then went to another picture and grabbed it. "I wasted my life on you! You shameless jerk!!!" Jennie said throwing the picture frame on the floor while crying. Her mom was anxious seeing Jennie.

While Jennie was getting back inside her room, she saw her wedding ring and removed it.

"I'm done with you Kai! From now on, I'm going to forget you!" Jennie told the ring and threw it outside. Jennie closed the room and continued crying.

"Is she okay? I came here to check on her," Irene told Jennie's mom when she saw what Jennie did. "I think she's getting crazy," Jennie's mom replied.

Lisa went home and Rosé noticed that she arrived.

"Lis, Lis," Rosé called her softly that made Lisa stopped from walking upstairs. "Where have you been? It's already late," Rosé asked as she walked without the walker.

"I had a busy day. I'm gonna sleep now. You sleep too," Lisa replied and was about to go.

"Did you met with Jennie?" Rosé curiously asked. "You think I slept with Jennie just to get back at you?" Lisa asked irritated.

"No," Rosé replied shaking her head. "Yeah! I definitely wouldn't. Rosé, if I wanted to get revenge on you, you know that I really can do it," Lisa said walking closer to Rosé.

"Jennie is beautiful. She is kind. And above it all, she's faithful. She can't do what you did to me. But I can't sleep with Jennie, the same with Irene. Because Rosé, a part of me...a part of me still loves you. I hate you! But I love you Rosé. And this, all of this is killing me!!!" Lisa stated.

Rosé held Lisa's face and kissed her on the lips while crying.