Chapter 35

"Have you tried counseling with your husband before?" Lisa interestingly asked Jennie while having a coffee in their restaurant. "No. We didn't come to the point that we'll separate," Jennie answered. "So you forgave. You bear the suffering. Me, I'm already having a hard time as it is. I tried to endure the pain but it's just so damn hard. If only, if only I can just forgive and you know, start over," Lisa weakly said while Jennie carefully listened to her.

"You can't easily forgive her Lisa because what she did still hurts. It hurts because you love her," Jennie explained. "Yeah, right. You know what she asked me that. And you know what? I can't answer her because it hurts so damn much. If only I can forget all the pain," Lisa stated. "Maybe counseling can help you," Jennie concluded.

"Jennie good news! My friend in the city hall told me they're hiring for their tourism project," Jennie's mom said when Jennie arrived home. "But I'm not looking for a job mom. I also have my business," Jennie replied. "You're getting calluses from baking and still you earn not that much," Jennie's mom argued. "It's enough for me mom," Jennie responded. "Enough for you but not for both of us. Jennie, you have the chance to be regular there and the salary is big. Please?" Her mom pleaded.

"But mom, what am I going to do with my business?" Jennie curiously asked. "Your business? Or you may say your Lisa?" Her mom stated. "There you go again mom," Jennie uttered. "You're giving me your business as your reason for declining but what's really inside your brain is Lisa!" Jennie's mom asserted. "You haven't started the job yet and you already refused? Jennie, use your brain if you have time, okay?" Jennie's mom annoyingly said that made Jennie left. 

"Lisa we meet again," the marriage counselor cheerfully greeted. "Yeah, we're here for varied circumstances," Lisa flatly said while pushing Rosé's wheelchair nearer the counselor's table. "So, this is your wife Rosé right?" The counselor asked. Rosé looked at Lisa and noticed that she's ignoring the question. "Yeah," Rosé responded and extended her hand for a handshake. 

"Your mom referred you to me," the counselor stated. "Thank you for meeting with us," Rosé replied. "Lisa, please sit," the counselor said pointing the vacant chair in front of Rosé. Lisa obeyed and sat.

"So, what's your concern?" The counselor asked. "We want to fix our marriage. But we can't do it on our own. We need professional help," Rosé opened up. "Okay, can you tell me what happened?" The counselor asked. Lisa and Rosé looked at each other.

"I...I was unfaithful," Rosé confessed with teary eyes. "Can you tell me what happened?" The counselor asked. "All I remember is that Lisa and I always fight before because she's always busy at the resto, she has no time for me," Rosé answered.

"Is that all? Is that even a reason to cheat on me?" Lisa asked in disbelief. "I know it's not enough reason to cheat!" Rosé raised her voice. "Lisa, I think we should give her time to speak," the counselor suggested. 

"I was just looking for attention, just like before, during the time when we were newly weds. But we focused on our jobs especially Lisa. Until it came to the point that we drifted apart. And then, I really don't remember what happened because there's still blanks in my mind," Rosé said sobbing.

"Then I had a client. We became friends. He was always there for me. He was always ready to listen..." Rosé narrated while crying but cut off.

"Sorry, I can't listen to this," Lisa said and stood up. "Let's talk about this, please sit," the counselor told Lisa and she obeyed.

"Lisa, let's take it from your perspective. How are you and Rosé before this affair?" The counselor inquired. "Generally we're okay without the usual arguments, not the serious one. I guess she's just jealous of my work. Everytime I can't call or fetch her, I think it drove her crazy. Then one day, we agreed to talk about it thoroughly. That night, I got a fight with my dad, so the long talk didn't happened. Rosé started being cold towards me," Lisa stated and saw Rosé wiping her tears.

"Was that the time Rosé? Does your affair with that jerk started during that time?" Lisa asked. Rosé looked on the floor sadly.

"So while I was busy renovating the restaurant, you were busy going to bed with that guy, right?! Probably everyday because everyday I was busy with the restaurant! How stupid of me!!" Lisa angrily said. 

"Take it easy," the counselor said. "How will I take it easy?! That's why I don't want this counseling to happen because I knew that it will lead to this! You just wanted to disclose our issue right?! Is that what you want?!" Lisa irritatedly told the counselor.

"We're just examining the main cause of your problem," the counselor explained. "Can't you see? She's the problem!! She cheated on me! Why am I even explaining myself I'm not at fault here. My wife committed the mistake!! You should be talking to her instead of blaming me of this problem!!" Lisa yelled.

"I'm not blaming you," the counselor calmly said. "Make it clear to her. Make her remember every damn detail why she did it to me! That's what you should do and not siding her!!!" Lisa angrily told the counselor while Rosé was crying so hard.

"This is just wasting my time," Lisa calmly said and left.

"Hopefully the marriage counseling helped them," Lisa's dad told his wife. "I was even surprised you suggested it. You don't like counseling either," Lisa's mom said which Tzuyu heard. 

"Why mom? Have you and dad tried counseling?" Tzuyu curiously asked. "We've been through something," her mom answered. "Like what?"Tzuyu asked again. "Tzuyu," her dad uttered. "No dad, just tell us why you don't like counseling," Tzuyu demanded. Her mom glared at her. 

"What? Because it's not the solution. It's not the solution of our problem. Because in the first place, you don't want to solve it. You can't even leave your other family, right?" Tzuyu angrily said. "Tzuyu, what are talking about?" Her mom responded. "Tzuyu, that's enough," her dad said.

"Don't take me for a fool mom! I already know. I already know that dad has another family and I know that you knew it!" Tzuyu argued. "Tzuyu, that's enough," her dad warned. 

"How could you live with this guy? Stop being a martyr mom! He's been lying to us mom!!" Tzuyu angrily said sobbing. "You've been lying to us the whole time!!" Tzuyu told her dad. "Tzuyu that's enough!" Her dad angrily said and slapped her. Tzuyu glared at her dad.

Lisa arrived home from the restaurant. Rosé went to her immediately.

"Lisa, the marriage counselor is not siding on me. She just wanted to understand what happened to us," Rosé explained while pushing her wheelchair to catch up with Lisa. "But Rosé, it's not helping us!!" Lisa argued.

"Lisa please, please listen to me. Please calm first and let's talk. I know it hurts," Rosé pleaded. "What do you want me to do? Accept all of it? Roseanne she dug up everything! Everything!!! She's making me remember everything!! And how convenient is it for you that you don't remember!! While me, I remember everything!!! I feel all the pain!!!" Lisa angrily told Rosé.

"This hurts me too Lisa. I don't want to remember my mistakes!" Rosé said while sobbing. "You don't want to remember? Now isn't that unfair? You just wanted to remember the happy memories? Like how that jerk made you feel?!!" Lisa said fuming which made Rosé to look on the floor still crying in the wheelchair.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you!!!" Lisa shouted.

"Now tell me Rosé, how did Kai made you feel when you guys were together?! How did he made you feel when he kissed you?! How did he made you feel when he touched you all over, huh?! Tell me how he made you feel when he fu..." Lisa angrily said but was cut off.

"Lisaaa!! Stop!! I'm sorry," Rosé wept as she held Lisa's hand. But Lisa removed her hand and used it to choke Rosé.

"Now you're sorry? Now you're sorry?!" Lisa asked while Rosé held Lisa's hand which was in her neck. Lisa angrily looked at Rosé's eyes.

"I hope this will help you remember," Lisa said as she let go of Rosé and grabbed her laptop from her bag.

"Here, here! Watch this!!!" Lisa yelled and show the laptop to Rosé who was sitting on the wheelchair.

Rosé was about to touch the laptop but Lisa harshly pushed her hand away.

"Watch!! It!!" Lisa said gritting her teeth.

Rosé saw the footage where she kissed Kai. Rosé cried harder while watching the video.