Chapter 68

Lisa arrived at the condo and saw Jennie baking pastries. "You left so early this morning. When I woke up, you weren't there anymore," Jennie softly said as Lisa closed the door. "I accompanied Rosé to her check up. You were too tired that's why I didn't wake you up," Lisa flatly said as she sat in the couch and used her phone.

"I know I made a mistake. I accept that you're mad at me and don't want to talk to me. Maybe it's better I'll just go back home," Jennie sadly said. Lisa stood up and faced Jennie. "Stay. Listen, I'm very sorry. I shouldn't have vented my anger to you. Promise, it won't happen again," Lisa apologetically said as she extended her arm.

Jennie went near her and held her hand. "I'm sorry too. Because of me, your franchise deal was canceled," Jennie said disappointed. "Don't think about it anymore. It can be fixed anyway. What's important is that we are okay," Lisa said as they hugged each other. 

"Irene, how much is our target for the month? For our overhead," Lisa asked when she arrived at the restaurant the next day. She was surprised to see Rosé with Irene inside her office. "Excuse me," Irene said as she left both of them.

"Hi!" Lisa greeted. "Hi!" Rosé replied. "Lis," Rosé uttered. "Hey, do you have any problem? What are you doing here?" Lisa asked curiously as she got her laptop in her bag. 

"I was talking to Irene. I just wanted to help. If you need money, we can sell the house," Rosé anxiously suggested. "What? Rosé no way!" Lisa refused. "Why not? We really need to divide our assets when the annulment is approved, right?" Rosé stated.

"Rosé, I'm giving you the house. It's for you and our baby. I want our kid to grow up in our dream house, okay? When it comes to my problem here in the restaurant, leave it to me. Don't worry about it. Okay? I'm good," Lisa said.

"But Lis, you can use the money for the restaurant. If we can sell the house, your problem is solved," Rosé argued. Lisa held Rosé's arms to control her emotions. "I'm okay, but thank you," Lisa responded. Rosé looked at Lisa's hands holding her arms. "Okay, bye," Rosé softly said and left Lisa's office.

"Irene, just take care of her, okay?" Rosé said as she met Irene in the way. "Sure. By the way, do you have an umbrella? It's raining outside," Irene stated. "I've parked my car at the covered parking. Bye," Rosé said. "Okay," Irene uttered.

Jennie arrived at the restaurant and walked past Irene. "What trouble will you cause this time?" Irene irritatedly asked which made Jennie stop from walking. "Irene, I'm really sorry. If only there's anything I can help, I will do it," Jennie sincerely said. 

"You know Rosé was just here. She offered to sell their house so that Lisa can use the money. Lisa refused of course. But that's what you call help. I used to like you before, when you were still a widow. When you're trying to make ends meet, I thought you're strong, independent, and you were just surviving on guts alone. But since the time you had relationship with Lisa, I realized that you were just like any other women. You are just like them who makes the person they love as their world. I know Lisa deserves better. I'm not even saying me. Just someone not you. So if you really wanted to help, stay out of her way," Irene annoyingly said and left.

Jennie sadly went inside Lisa's office. "Hey! Sorry I just need to finish this," Lisa said as she was focused on her laptop. "It's okay. Is there anything I can help?" Jennie asked as she tried to sound energetic. "No, I got this," Lisa replied. 

"By the way, what dishes do you want to be prepared for tomorrow?" Jennie interestingly asked. "What's with tomorrow?" Lisa asked. "It's your birthday! Did you forget about it?" Jennie asked. "Oh, so it's tomorrow? Sorry, I really forget about it. Anything, anything that you will cook. I'm happy with that," Lisa said smiling.