Chapter 26

"Irene! Didn't I make myself clear? Didn't I told you not to bring that woman here in the restaurant?!" Lisa angrily pointed at Jennie. "Lisa, she just went back to get her pastries. She forgot to bring them," Irene explained. "Oh really, she forgot. Or maybe, she's forcing them," Lisa mockingly replied. 

"What's your problem? Why are you so mad at me?!" Jennie confronted Lisa angrily. "Of your husband, yes! Not you!" Lisa said irritated. "But I'm not Kai! I haven't done anything wrong to you!" Jennie bravely answered. "Because you remind me of him! Every time I see you, I remember all the things they've done! And I see my wife who is comatose right now, and I don't know if she'll wake up!" Lisa bitterly said. 

"Good for you, you can still see your wife. For me, I can't see my husband anymore, he's gone. Don't you think that I don't remember what they did every time I see you? But I didn't drag you or even start a fight with you! We are both victims of the situation Lisa. See, we are trying to live again. We've experienced a lot of hard things already and here you are, adding things up. Getting mad at each other will not really help. Now, if you don't want to work with me, fine! But don't push me away like a dog!" Jennie annoyingly said and left the restaurant.

"Damn it!" Lisa whispered. Irene walked past Lisa with disdain in her eyes.

"You too?" Lisa asked Irene with no response. 

"What?! Lisa and Irene are business partners? You really can't work with each other," Jennie's mom commented. "Mom, I'm not forcing myself to her," Jennie replied. "Okay, fine. Jennie, just understand her. She was cheated, she can't accept it yet," Jennie's mom stated. "Me too mom, I was also having a hard time accepting the fact that my husband cheated on me again. And he even left me," Jennie reasoned out. "So, what's your plan now? Are you going to talk to Irene?" Her mom inquired. "I don't know, I haven't talked to her," Jennie replied. 

Lisa was about to make a phone call when she heard her employees talking outside the resto. "I was really wondering why he cheated with Ma'am Rosé, his wife is so beautiful," employee 1 said. "Chef Lisa is also gorgeous and pretty handsome. Why did Ma'am Rosé cheated on her?" Employee 2 responded. "But why did that woman came here?" Employee 1 asked. "Probably she likes chef. Who wouldn't want someone like her," employee 2 replied and they laughed. 

"Hey!" Lisa said when she went to her employees talking. "Sorry chef," the two employees apologized. "Stop talking behind my back! You don't know what I'm going through! Okay, talk in front of me!!" Lisa shouted while kicking the empty water jugs. 

"What's happening here? Will you stop it?!" Irene asked in panic while holding Lisa. "The two of you, you're both fired!" Lisa told the employees as Irene pulled her inside the resto. 

"Lisa! Did you really have to do that?! Irene confronted angrily. "What am I going to do Irene? They're rude to me!" Lisa reasoned out. "Lisa, tongues normally waggle. They saw what's happening, so it's typical that they'll be talking about you!" Irene argued. "So, what now? Are you siding with them?!" Lisa contended. "I'm not siding with anyone! What I'm saying, is that you can't control what's in their mind but you can control yourself! Not that every time you're reminded of what happened, you'll snap at people!" Irene asserted. 

"I knew it, it's Jennie again. You're mad at me because I'm mad at her!" Lisa insisted. "Yes, I'm angry. I'm angry of your attitude. You can't go throwing your weight around like that Lisa! There are also other people who are affected and they don't freaking deserve it!" Irene concluded and left Lisa.

Irene went to Jennie's house and handed her a gift. "Are you sure you're not coming inside?" Jennie asked Irene when the latter just stood in the door post. "I need to go back to the cafe right away," Irene reasoned out. "Thank you so much for this. You shouldn't have bothered," Jennie sincerely said. "That's my way of saying sorry for what happened and I'm apologizing in behalf of Lisa too," Irene responded.