Chapter 46

Lisa arrived home from the restaurant. She saw Rosé and her dad talking in the living room. "What are you doing here?!" Lisa angrily asked her dad. "Lis," Rosé uttered. "I just wanna talk to you," her dad reasoned out. "I already knew what you did. It won't be that easy to forgive you," Lisa said shaking her head. "Give him a chance Lis," Rosé suggested. "Can you stay out of this?!" Lisa shouted. "I'm sorry. I should go...I should go," Lisa's dad told Rosé anxiously. "Bye dad," Rosé replied and Lisa's dad left.

Lisa was about to go to her room when Rosé held her arm. "Wait. He's just trying to do the right thing. Don't you see it?" Rosé confronted Lisa. "Why are you forcing me to understand dad?" Lisa asked irritated. "It's the only mistake he made," Rosé softly answered. "Just like you?" Lisa sarcastically asked which made Rosé speechless. "I see. I see what you're trying to do. You want me to forgive dad because you think that I will make the same for you," Lisa added. "It's not like that Lis," Rosé uttered. "Yeah, tell me. Why should I believe you?" Lisa asked and left her.

"I'm so happy that your business is doing well huh? I'm happy for you," Irene told Jennie while they're having coffee in the restaurant. "So, how are you here in the restaurant?" Jennie asked interestingly. "You mean how is Lisa?" Irene teasingly asked. "No, it's not that. What I mean is, how are you here in the restaurant in general not just Lisa," Jennie explained and sipped her coffee. "You're not a very good actress," Irene commented and laughed at her. "Ouch," Jennie replied. Well, Lisa is Lisa. She's always trying to be perfect. You know that's her greatest flaw right? She can't help it but she just wants to make everything so perfect. Perfect wife, perfect kids, perfect business, perfect family," Irene stated. "But there's no perfect life," Jennie responded. "Exactly. But she doesn't care. As in she will do everything just to make it so. She's not gonna settle for anything less. That's why she's trying to make their marriage work even though she's so miserable in doing it. You know, Lisa and Rose wanted to celebrate their wedding anniversary soon. What's there to celebrate right? Their life is falling apart," Irene stated. Jennie looked away sadly.

Rosé woke up early and went to the kitchen to drink water. She saw Lisa who was going to the restaurant. "Hon!" Rosé called and went to her. "Happy anniversary," Rosé greeted and held Lisa's hand. Lisa looked at their hands and slowly pulled her hand away. "I'm sorry for the past few days. I shouldn't have forced you to talk to your dad. I promise, starting today I will not talk about that issue anymore. Okay?" Rosé said. "Okay," Lisa replied and walked away. "So, I'll see you tonight? I already made a reservation on the restaurant that we used to go before. I know that we're not that really okay. But I think this will be a good start for us Lis, to celebrate our anniversary," Rosé stated and held Lisa's hand. Lisa looked at their hands and pulled again. "I don't know. I might be late because we have a big reservation at the restaurant. So let's see," Lisa replied and left. "I'll wait for you," Rosé said.

"Ma'am someone sent you this," the maid told Rosé who was holding a basket of fruits. Lisa stopped walking when she heard the maid. "Who?" Rosé curiously asked. "It's Mark," the maid answered and gave Rosé the basket. "Who is Mark?" Lisa asked suspiciously. "My client before. He has a new project and wants to work with us. I already told him that Jisoo will handle it but he really requested me to do the design. Jisoo also said that it will be a waste not to grab the opportunity. So, will it be okay to you if I accept the project?" Rosé inquired. "It's up to you. Whatever you want," Lisa sighed and left.

Jennie was baking when Hanbin arrived together with Jennie's mom. "Hey Hanbin, what are you doing here?" Jennie excitedly asked. "I was in the area so I thought of buying pastries for my nephews at home," he reasoned out. "If only you message me so that I can deliver," Jennie said. "Aren't you happy that your friend visits you? Okay, I'll leave you two for a while," her mom stated and left.