Chapter 38

Lisa woke up the next morning hearing the conversation of Rosé and Jisoo in the living room.

"What?! She slept with Irene?" Jisoo asked in disbelief. "It hurts Jisoo. It hurts so much. But what can I do? I don't have any right to be mad at Lisa," Rosé said teary-eyed.

"But you have the right to be mad at that woman! She already knew that you and Lisa have problem and she's taking advantage from it?" Jisoo said shaking her head. "You know, Irene even told me before that I shouldn't be worried because they are just friends. I just found out last night that she still likes Lisa," Rosé concluded.  "What's happening? It seems the situation is getting worse. I don't know what to do anymore," Rosé sadly told Jisoo.

"Next, Ms Kim," an employee called Jennie outside the office for her interview. Suddenly her phone rang. "Hello?" Jennie answered. "Hello? Jennie? Where are you right now?" Lisa called while driving her car. "Why?" Jennie asked. "I really need to talk to you. I just..I just need someone to talk to," Lisa responded. Jennie looked at the office and left to meet Lisa.

"What?! You made her believe that you slept with Irene?!" Jennie asked in disbelief. "Yeah, it's stupid," Lisa replied.

"But, did you really slept with her?" Jennie asked. "Nope!" Lisa scoffed.

"Do you want to sleep with her?" Jennie asked again. "Jennie, what kind of question is that," Lisa said chuckling.

"Lisa, Irene told me that you were her girlfriend before. Who knows you have still feelings for her deep inside," Jennie asserted. "That's stupid. We are just friends and we will always stay friends. You know what, I won't deny that I was really tempted. Part of me really wanted revenge. I wanted Rosé to feel how it hurts if I push through with that," Lisa confessed.

"That's what she felt right now. Because you made her believe that you slept with Irene," Jennie responded. "Yeah, in spite of that she took care of me when I was drunk last night," Lisa uttered.

"Yes because she wanted to fix your relationship. If you slept for real with Irene, will it help the situation? Will you fix your marriage with another mistake? Not right?" Jennie sincerely said which made Lisa nod.
"That's why I like talking to you. Thank you," Lisa said while smiling at Jennie.

"By the way, why does it seems you are extra pretty today? Going somewhere? Maybe I'm disturbing you or something," Lisa curiously asked. "No you're not," Jennie replied smiling at Lisa.

"Cousin, drink your medicine," Jisoo told Rosé. "Later," Rosé replied while looking at the picture of Kai and Jennie on Instagram.

"Rosé, you can't sulk forever. What is that you're looking at?" Jisoo curiously asked and peeked at Rosé's phone and saw the solo picture of Kai.

"Why are you checking his photos? Don't tell me you missed him," Jisoo annoyingly asked. "Of course not! I just wanted to know what I see in him why I flirted with him too. Maybe, if I'll find the answer, I will be able to understand Lisa why she flirted with Irene," Rosé stated.

"She flirted with Irene to get even with you," Jisoo replied. "What if they will do it again? What if it will come to the point that they will have an affair?" Rosé said as she started to cry.

"Nothing will happen if you will just cry. That's not the Rosé I know. Why not go to that woman and tell her to stay away from Lisa?" Jisoo suggested. "It would be a shame. It's me who made a mistake, right? Then I'm going to tell Irene that?" Rosé said not convinced.

"You just committed mistake on Lisa and not to that flirt Irene. So go and tell her," Jisoo asserted.

"Jennie, my friend called. She told me you didn't go to the interview. What happened?!" Her mom curiously asked when she arrived home. "I'm sorry mom," Jennie apologetically said. "Sorry? You let the chance slip away. Why?!" Her mom said disappointed.

"Because....Lisa called and needs a friend," Jennie confessed. "It's her again," her mom said in disbelief. "Mom, she has a problem. I can't refuse," Jennie stated. "Really you can't refuse? I can't believe you Jennie. You'll exchange everything for her. This is crazy," her mom sighed and cried.

"Lis, Lis," Irene excitedly went to Lisa when the latter arrived in the restaurant. "Hey," Irene said all smiles as she held Lisa's hand.

"Hey, I'm busy," Lisa said and pulled her hand. "You weren't this evasive last night," Irene teasingly said.

"Irene, you were drunk," Lisa replied. "So? We can push it through. Maybe we can do something work," Irene said while flirting.

"No," Lisa declared while shaking her head smiling at Irene. "Lis, we know the situation between you and your wife. And I know you, you have your needs. That's why I'm here to help," Irene tried to convince her.

"Irene, if we do that it will just make the situation worse between me and Rosé and between me and you. I just want to respect our friendship, okay?" Lisa explained.

"Fine, whatever," Irene uttered. "So, we're good?" Lisa asked tapping Irene's shoulder.

"No harm," Irene said as she smiled at Lisa. "I'll just make a call," Lisa excused herself.

Rosé was slowly walking with the help of a walker going inside Lisa's restaurant. Jisoo was beside her assisting her.

"Don't tell me you're scared," Jisoo told Rosé. "What if Lisa is inside? I don't want any trouble," Rosé hesitated. "You're not making any trouble. We will just have a talk with that Irene. Don't worry, I got your back," Jisoo encouraged her.

Lisa and Irene were inside the restaurant tasting the pastry that Jennie baked.

"The canolli shell is not so hard this time, perfect," Irene commented. "Yeah, and the ricotta is actually really good. It's on point. Good job Jennie," Lisa added.

Jennie was so happy hearing their comments.

"We can put this on our dessert menu," Irene stated while still eating. "Yeah," Lisa replied. "By the way, I'll go ahead. I need to work on something for my application," Jennie bid goodbye and left.

On her way out, she met Rosé. Jennie stopped walking and looked at Rosé intently.