We will be fine

"Is that okay?" Stevie said to Mia who was halfway through her food, as she washed the pan in the sink across from her.

"Perfect." Mia replied through a huge mouthful.
"I'm sorry we're stuck doing this interview, we would have loved to have spent the day with you all to ourselves." Stevie said feeling a little guilty about not being able to be there for her granddaughter.

"Don't be sorry, we'll do something soon, i know you're busy with your anniversary stuff and plus now i can tan by your pool without feeling guilty." She said smiling naughtily at the end. Stevie had stopped laying out in the sun years ago and avoided the light of day as fervently as a vampire.

"Oh i see, you just wanna come over here and get me to cook for you and use my pool. And you don't really wanna spend any time with me at all." Stevie said throwing her hands up with mock indignance.

"Yep." Mia answered playing along.

Stevie cackled lowly, taking her apron off.
"Daddy's right you know," Mia said giggling too. "You really do have a dirty laugh."

Just as Mia said this Lindsey reemerged from his walk.
"You!" Stevie yelled pointing at him when he came in.
"What? What have i done?" He held up his hands in surrender.

"Oh nothing, I've just been hearing about how you tell our grandchildren i've got a dirty laugh."

"I think filthy was the word i used actually." He said taking her in his arms.

"Not funny." Stevie said looking at him seriously but deciding it wasn't worth being truly annoyed over, she turned around so he was holding her from behind.
"Mia is Luke bringing his girlfriend to dinner?" Stevie asked changing the subject.

"No i think they broke up, he said it was getting too much like hard work." Mia said shrugging. Lindsey nodded.

"Didn't he talk to you about her Linds, i thought you said you gave him advice." Stevie responded.

"Yeah i told him he should dump her if it's already boring."

"Lindsey!"

"They've only been going out a couple of months, clearly he's wasting his time if it's that bad already that he asked his grandfather how it spice it up!" Lindsey joked but it was a serious point.

"She is pretty dull," Mia chimed in, in agreement with Lindsey. All their grandchildren loved how dramatic they were, especially Stevie and tried to wind her up as often as possible because it was just so funny.

"She's just... Quiet," Stevie argued, always thinking the best of everyone.
Lindsey and Mia looked at each other mouthing 'boring' and laughed.
Stevie relaxed into Lindsey's arms hugging him lightly.

"You two are mean." She said but her words were contradicted by her sighing happily, thinking boring was something she and Lindsey could never be.

"Good." They both said and laughed, Mia may have been a complete doppelgänger of Stevie, but she had Lindsey's reserved, at times, nature and wicked sense of humour.

"Come on Mrs Buckingham, time to get back to work." Lindsey murmured rubbing her back.

"If you need anything baby, we're just in the living room, put on sunscreen." She ordered and gave Mia one last squeeze before Mia kissed her watching her fluff her hair in the mirror.
"Still a babe, Nana." She said as she strolled off outside.

"Definitely a babe," Lindsey growled when Mia was out of sight and trapped Stevie between himself and a wall, nibbling her neck.

"Work Lindsey." Stevie managed to whisper struggling not to moan and give in right there. All the kissing had really turned her on.