Have Fun Part II

1995

Stevie balanced Lily on her hip as they finally arrived back home after dinner with the Mcvie's. Lindsey carried Sara in and up the stairs while Stevie got in the elevator with Lily and shushed the stirring little girl. When Stevie tried to put her down in her bed Lily wrapped her arms around Stevie's neck tighter, pulling her with her. Stevie gave up easily and lay in the little bed with her daughter snuggled on her chest, stroking her back and loose hair from her face until Lily relaxed in her sleep and Stevie could untangle herself.

She went to check on Lindsey with Sara and he grinned at her putting his finger to his lips, motioning to be quiet as she came into the darkened room. She kissed a sleeping Sara's cheek ever so gently and then they both snuck out, leaving the door slightly ajar.

Jess had sprawled out on the couch downstairs to watch some late night talk show with Lindsey joining him and Stevie made her way into the kitchen to make them some tea, she jumped when she saw Robin sat atop the breakfast island talking on the phone.

"-Hey i'll call you back tomorrow," Robin said suppressing a giggle when Stevie jumped in surprise and hanging up the phone quickly.

"Hey your finally back!" Robin said, hopping down and enveloping her mother in a long embrace.

"How long have you been here my sweet girl?" Stevie asked feeling incredibly guilty for having forgotten to check on Robin as soon as they got back.

"Only a couple of hours, i thought you'd be back by dinner."

"We ended up staying at Christine's, i'm so sorry baby, we would have come back straight away if we'd known you were here." Stevie apologised, now really feeling like they'd neglected her.

"No big deal," Robin reassured her and Stevie kissed Robin's cheek tenderly before releasing her.

"Did you eat? Can i make you anything?" Stevie asked quickly.

"Yeah, i had some pasta. I'll have a cup of tea if you're making one though." Robin replied and Stevie tried to hide a smirk that Robin caught.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing, nothing," Stevie tried to lie but started giggling.

"So you blush over nothing now?" Robin taunted.

"I'm not blushing." Stevie exclaimed feeling her cheeks and realising she was.

"Yes you are, tell me." Robin insisted.

"Daddy tried to make pasta for us on our trip that's all." Stevie said, skipping a few facts.

"Because that's what's making you blush, what did you do? Blow him in the kitchen as a reward?" Robin said and Stevie actually choked on her tea.

"Robin! I can't believe you just said that, i'm your mother! How on earth do you know that?! Who even told what a blow job is?!" Stevie exclaimed.

"Nana." Robin said and Stevie thought she was about to throw up.

"What?!" Stevie yelled.

"Yeah, i was asking her about when she met Grandpa and apparently she's not backwards in coming forwards."

"Robin american please, i can't decipher Christine sayings right now."

"She thought i should know about oral, she said that's what boys always try to get you to do, so i should know what it is so i don't say yes to it by accident."

"I can't believe she told you this without asking me, what else did she say?" Stevie said shaking her head in exasperation.

"Just about being safe and waiting until you're ready and good positions and stuff."