Vol. 1 Chapter 3: Departure

Exactly four months since then after Liam reincarnated in another world. He completed his preparation to make contact and go to the so-called Devil's Den to take over the facilities that capable of producing homunculus. Presently, checking his achievements in the past week

Non-combat units:
-500 Sentinels type drones
-75 Administrative type drones
-120 Repair drones
-120 Maintenance drones
-500 Mining drones
-36 Research drones
-860 multi-purpose support drones

"The number should be alright? Manageable I guess?" Mumbling on unnecessary things he moved on the next topic, looking on the relatively unchanged numerical values of offensive and defensive systems inside his territories "Hmm this should be alright defending against anything as long as they aren't abnormal existence such as hero...so let's moving"

Then after commandeered the AXM-81 Spartan "I can't feel a thing at all" Liam jump and move his body for familiarization.

"Alright lezgo!"

Then he run at full throttle towards the artificial jungle of Iserlohn with some cracks on the concrete due to powerful force it exert on the reinforced legs when running.

"Whoa! Fast---Buwa!" He tripped in the obstacles comically face first down on ground which raised some dust due to powerful sudden impact. "Man that's embarrassing and doesn't hurt at all"

After checking if something wrong with the Spartan. He immediately boarded the S-70 Okhotnik-B through the bomb bay and turn the Spartan into standby mode then switch to control the Russian type stealth drones together with the KC-135 aerial tanker drone that will act as expendable for this mission.

Then the underground camouflaged runway rised up and the catapult launched the drone in sky followed by the aerial tanker.

"Wow the Iserlohn despite being a huge ass island became small piece of dot in a matter of few minutes of departure"

He could also see the islets he reclaimed in the vicinity of the main island, those islands are having some fair share amount of surprise for any intruder that would bring harm to Liam. After the 19 hours of uninterrupted cruise of the aircraft, Liam reached the airspace of devil's den without much hindrance however that moment the warning systems rang

"Wha...? Is there's something wrong with the radar?"

Liam was surprised by the radar due to the unusual speed of unkown flying objects.

"It's heading directly straight on me... Let's veered off course for a moment"

[WARNING MASSIVE HEAT SIGNATURE DETECTED!]

At the same time, early warning system designed to detect laser based weaponry was activated.

"Shit!..." Liam immediately made a prompt evasive maneuver to dodge the laser like attack of the flying object. However, the slow ass aerial tanker unable to evade in time turned into smoldering piece of metal before exploding in a flashy way

"What the! That's my aircraft! And why the heck this thing flying at mach 5! How supposed that possible!"

Currently, the unknown attacking unit is flying at the superb speed of 5 times the speed of sound and not to mention it was able to attack with it's laser like firing ability at the range of 150 kilometers.

"It's at the very least 5 times faster than me! What the hell with this isekai bullshit!"

The S-70 Okhotnik-B only having nominal speed of 1,000 Kilometers per hour barely reaching supersonic speed. Not to mention it was severely outgunned, outpaced and outrange by the enemy.

Liam fired all the BVR missiles on board in retaliation to the long range attack of the unkown target. The supersonic missiles preyed on the unkown target however much to the surprise of Liam surprise when it stopped mid air "What! It stopped without bulging an inch near instantly despite that damn momentum?!"

As if judging that missiles are dangerous the unkown unit began to reverse at full power and when some of the missiles approach it close it enough it exhibits outstanding maneuver dodging them and for some reason some of the missiles contacted something which made them explode.

"It's even capable of supermaneuver? The missiles are mysteriously exploding?"

He continued to observed unkown unit as it dodging and destroying the incoming missiles.

"This is ridiculous" after destroying missiles, the attacker closed the distance seeing the disadvantage if the stealth bomber caught in a aerial dog fight scenario Liam decided to sharply descent the drone to shake off it's enemy before he got a proper glance of the one who attacked him.

It was flapping and the supposedly cockpit is non-existent rather than aircraft it was a living things. A beast that didn't exist on earth, the imaginary 'Dragons' from the myths or anime, it was Silver Ancient Dragon to be exact.

But the dragon didn't let Liam off the hook and continues it's pursuit. In response while diving in near supersonic speed, with complex high g maneuver that could proved fatal to living things, two belligerents interwind with each other and high speed descent continued "Just leave me already!"

Liam turned the aircraft upside down making like the belly of the drone facing the dragon with the bomb bay opened and Liam commandeered the Spartans once again firing it's R915A7 Battle rifle that chambered 14.5 mm SLAP rounds with axial 5.56mm and uniquely integrated 20 mm automatic grenade launcher thus the pandemonium of small and heavy caliber rounds blazed hitting the dragon consecutively however each bullets are being shrugged off due to the hardness the scales possess.

"What's wrong with this guy! I'm not into on persistent fella!"

Due to the sudden rapid descent, the stress on aircraft was immense thus it began to slowly disintegrate.

Learning the predicament, Liam maneuver the aircraft on the swampy area to find a good hiding spot if ever the dragon continue it's hot pursuit.

The drone crashed landed barely intact and Liam commanding the Spartan swiftly runaway from the destroyed drone to safety. The dragon however halt it's pursuit.

"I'll return this hundred fold later you fucking lizard" Liam swore ominously, he begun escaped from the area opposite of the devil's den.

_____________________________________________

Note* short chapter because i basically didn't change a thing before and after I unpublished the chapter for the supposedly rework.