Vol. 2 Chapter 12: Information

The party finally began with several people begun to dance in the center, and because of that, Shitty Ikar snatched Serene, and thus I felt so out of place here without her. Not only that, I don't even know where to go as I have virtually no acquintances as the majority of them are big shots that are currently being surrounded by people.

Meanwhile, Sistiene is being flocked by a variety of people, ranging from decent to pests and opportunists, which must be much to her chagrin in her inner thoughts. Man... I don't want to get in there, looks a pain in the ass. Then nearby, by the looks of her father, it seems those pests aren't doing anything aggressive due to Mikael. After all, they might have their ass handed to them if they openly hit her due to Sistiene's father's dangerous idiot parent tendencies, or let's say, stupid overprotective parent syndrome. And when I looked over to the other side, I noticed the heroes and mercenary or adventurers' guild staff conversing, but Char was in deafening silence. No one really talks to her other than Amelia and the captains of the Jade Knights. It must be her eccentric tendencies that told by Amelia a week ago that she doesn't really like to speak that much.

I wanna go there, but I don't want to cause anymore scene, it's really embarrassing to Sistiene.

Sighed.

While in deep thoughts, someone approached me in front. It was a tall ass female knight with short blond hair who wore a fancy silver armor. She was much taller than a 1.90 person like me. She is around 2.10 something? What the heck with the height of hers? Is she human-gigant hybrid?

"I am Drinda Von Marcula, of 2nd Holy Knight Division. Are you perhaps Sir Liam?."(Drinda)

The tall woman asked me as she walked in neat, silent steps as if she didn't have heavy full armor set in her body. Also, upon hearing of the 2nd Holy Knight Division, hey, isn't that the knight order being commanded by Adel? So she is a subordinate of his, huh? Come to think of it, he is planning to talk with me, but there are many pests flocking to him right now. Is that alright?

"Yes? How can I help you? Lady Drinda?." (Liam)

"Commander, want to have a time with you." (Drinda)

"I see. Please lead the way." (Liam)

"With pleasure, follow my lead." (Drinda)

We slowly walked towards Adel, who was still being flocked by guests here. But he immediately dismissed them, relatively easily.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I have something to talk about with the gentleman over there for a moment, so I'll take my leave." (Adel)

He gazed at me as if saying to follow him to the side of the venue, a pretty much vacated one with only a few of the attendees stayed in and upon reaching our destination. He took a hexagonal crystal and it shone lightly.

"No one should be able to pick up on our conversation. Regardless, I never expected you to reach this place earlier than expected. " (Adel)

"One week to be precise? Well too many happened in the past weeks after all." (Liam)

"So can you afford on that number? If not I have already reserved some funds if you are in short of supplies." (Adel)

"Nope, not really. But thank you for your concerns. I still have a week of preparation and time to investigate things here before moving in. Once I achieve those, what should I do to it? " (Liam)

"You'll be the owner for a short span of time; protect it until opportunity comes in." (Adel)

"So I became a babysitter. Seriously? Could you give me a break? " (Liam)

"Looks who's talking. I'm literally shouldering that brat's loadful of inconvenience and the problems she causes every time she does something ridiculously abnormal, so don't you dare to complain." (Adel)