Vol. 1 Chapter 6: Encounter

Lynette POV

I remember the day when a large number of knights and aristocratic soldiers arrived on our humble village. They said they will going exterminate some monsters that infesting the territory.

They were polite so village chief warmly accepted them at the village. For me the knights looks so gallant, I want to become like them one day, a knight in shining armor however a peasant like me and a girl on top of that making it an impossible dream. On the other note there's nothing particular problem on them other than the possible monster nest they saying are relatively adjacent on our village without us knowing it.

Then early morning they set off to begin the extermination. However, evening that day some soldiers of the extermination army arrived tattered at the village to bring some grim news.

"We need to get the hell out of here now!!" One of the soldiers hysterically shouted throughout the village while heavily panting.

"What happened sire!" I saw the village chief immediately ran towards the soldiers.

"A Orc!... That high orc king is coming on... this place!" The soldier words are irregularly cut and not cleared as if being deprived of air. But one thing is clear, a high orc king is coming. They said that a single high orc king could destroy a small country, they are the pinnacle of monsters called orcs which is they aren't your every day monsters that being encountered near at our village.

Thus chaotic scene ensued in the village knowing the monsters coming here is being lead by a orc, a monster with abnormal libido while there's female orc's on their horde but the male orcs have strong preference of having an offsprings with the other races they captured and the reason why the female population of our village wanted to run here quick as being captured by orc is unimaginably disgusting they rather slit their throats than being captured on the other side for instance of a child like me, they said I'll be likely chopped into pieces to serve as food for them as the human child seems a delicacies for orcs rather than pleasure slave.

But before we could ran away large number of monsters emerged at the forest and began to slowly surrounds the village. "Lynette! We need to ran away hurry!" Then my uncle named Elias grabbed my hand. He is the only family member left in my life after my mother died in giving birth on me and my father being killed by monsters years ago.

We left our house with haste without a single luggage in hand, in simple words we ran away empty handed. Together with other neighbors who fortunately quick to uptake on the events unfolding on the surroundings and dashed away for safety but some monsters noticed our attempt to escape and immediately gone for a chase.

We traverse on the thick forested area trying to shake off the chasing monsters but we are out of luck and we've been cornered at a river facing cliff. "Lynette please survive" My uncle pushed me in the edge of cliff then falls on the river which washed me away from the place.

"Uwoh...Uncle" I cried and called for my uncle that pushed me on the cliff to save me. However, the words of him permeates on my head so I stop my childish whining and began to move out from this place.

I walk continuously for hours before I stopped after the sun sets. I rested on a tree and picked some fruits to eat and thinking before sleeping to continue my journey in the morning but how things on our life happens really doesn't go as planned.

That morning I feel some force dragging my hair, when I opened my eyes then trembled in realization when i saw orcs and goblins surrounding and laughing at me.

"Nooooo!!!!" They dragged me despite resisting on their hands. 'I don't want to die! I don't want to die!' That's the words repeatedly swirling on my midd. They roughly dragged me without any restrain, I tried to punch or kick them but being a kid I can't really give some reasonable force to have them let go of me.