Vol. 1 Chapter 16: One Man Army

Mount Seurox

A man in dark cloak sighing on the sight of thousands of bandits, mercenaries, slavers, brigands, private armies that been gathered in the large open cave area in the mount suerox, almost 23 kilometers away from Palt.

They are fighting, drinking, or having fun with the captured women, slaves or prostitutes that aiming for an easy money. They are so disgusting in his sights. However, they needed to eliminate the sole daughter of Roseblade family, the ongoing conflict between the families and territories of the Ver'z Union would likely going to erupt soon as destructive civil war that might split the entire country, and the Roseblade family was the second most powerful families that supporting the republican style government of Ver'z union, a very loyal dog for the current regime.

It should be unnecessary to eliminate the daughter of the Roseblade family because she could be easily replaced, however, the current head is only dedicated himself to her passed wife, which died giving birth on her only daughter named Sistiene Isabelle Roseblade, thus won't take other women and making the Roseblade family good as destroyed if the daughter died here.

"How our suprise attack failed to eliminate the daughter of Roseblade?." (Noble?)

He talked towards a one eyed middle aged person with a huge scar on his head running from nose to the rear part of the head as if something scraped it. He is the leader of this thousands of hired army just to kill sistiene.

"They were scattered by a mercenary gunslinger, they trembled in fear after that unknown B rank vanquished the former lower A rank adventurer 'blood smasher' that accompanying the assualt on the caravan of that whore." (Private Army Leader)

"How do you know that?." (Noble?)

The person further questions.

"Xia come-on." (Private army leader)

Then a 15 years old looking kid manifested from the shadows. She is the girl who killed the axe wielding bandit whom get defeated by Liam.

"She is Xia, From shadow clan who ruled the Underworld of Imperium for hundreds of years, though they aren't as numerous as the assassination guild, one of them alone is a formidable threat." (Private Army leader)

He proudly introduce Xia on the shady noble.

"......" (Xia)

"This kid....a member of shadow clan?." (Noble)

The noble are in disbelief, how could a petite girl like this, can be a formidable threat? He thought.

"You could ask what happened in the attack." (Private army leader)

"How did you failed to take down your target?." (Noble)

".... The butler named Noir was a threat, second that gunslinger named Liam is a threat....that's why we failed to accomplished the task." (Xia)

"Then can't your eliminate them?." (Noble)

"For the butler, I could eliminate him without a hitch, however, that Liam is unkown." (Xia)

"Unkown?." (Noble)

"He is a B rank mercenary, with no clear record or contribution, coupled with the lack of transparency of mercenary guild, it difficult to discern how dangerous he is." (Xia)

Compared to adventurers guild, the mercenaries are hard to trust, mainly they aren't transparent on their records, like if they are indeed warriors or mages, if one is not careful enough, they might possibly team up with assassins. So despite being a gunslinger, Liam could possibly a warrior, mage or anything that could trip the favor of battle. Forcing xia to withdraw immediately after decapitating the fellow hired brigands.