Vol. 1 Chapter 11: Farewell

Morning, Mercenary Guild Burduex branch

In the sunny with blazing heat of morning, I'm currently walking towards the mercenary guild, I'm thinking of making some bucks while traveling towards the port of Olandia, a well known port not because of it's product such as premium fish or anything luxurious but the only one port on the entirety of Imperium deep and well equipped enough to dock 200 meter class battleships and aircraft carriers of dwargon, the sole steampunk like civilization in the other world.

Entering the guild, I immediately felt the flocking gaze of the folks here. However, I ignored them and continued to walk towards the receptionist area.

"Umm? May--." (Liam)

"You are asking for your mercenary dog tag? Please on that way." (Male Receptionist)

The unfriendly male receptionist answered without a shed of emotion. I followed the direction he pointed out and saw Marie, the female receptionist, yesterday.

"Good morning Mister Liam." (Marie)

"Same, so where's my dog tag?." (Liam)

"So affront, here it is." (Marie)

I looked on a silver dogtag, while it was called a dog tag it's not the same dog tag on earth, it's more like a credit card instead.

"Ah thanks, how's the Guild master doing?." (Liam)

"He is doing fine, with some hellish documents needed to be finished today." (Marie)

She smiled intimidatingly. I don't know what kind of documents are those but i don't want to ask, I felt the danger if I do so. Oh? Did I stepped on a landmine?

"So do you want me disclose what those documents for?." (Marie)

She increased her pressure.

"No, better not." (Liam)

I shrugged on her question.

"It's all about a newbie being awarded the rank of B."(Marie)

With some manga like SFX on her background of dark aura, what the heck is this? Is she internationally leaking her battle aura here? What's wrong with the people here?

"Hey, I didn't ask for it on the first place." (Liam)

"Well of course." (Marie)

Hearing my answers, she purposely rid her intimidating aura.

"But still, the guild master didn't go on the proper procedure, the integrity of the guild is at stake, if we could just brazenly ranked some nobody to rank B instantaneously without any proper contribution at all." (Marie)

"Why not demote me to C? I don't really mind." (Liam)

"That's not easy, as you think." (Marie)

"Why though?." (Liam)

"You've just fought the guild master to to toe." (Marie)

"Isn't he was limited by those apparatuses right? That's not accounted as toe to toe at all." (Liam)

"Again, let me explain about the ranking, and their corresponding strength." (Marie)

"Okay?." (Liam)

"The S-Rank is the strongest here in the mercenary guild right? So compared to the AAA which a one rank below the highest rank, what do you think the difference in combat power?." (Marie)

"Umm? Because it was only one rank below means that there's only about 1 or 2 power below the S-Rank I guess?."(Liam)

"You are entirely wrong."(Marie)