Vol. 1 Chapter 19: How Heroes Fight

A few moments ago

Forest outside Palt, over two thousand and seven hundred strong hired army by the secessionist factions of Union, marched towards the town with over a thousand slaves and captured townsfolk as meat shields.

"The stragglers and vanguards move forward! Mage and range troops prepare to saturate and destroy the enemy fortifications!."

The officers of this private army began to direct them, all of them are enthusiastic to overrun a helpless band of caravan security force.

"We won't playing, we are going to take them seriously now."

Losing 300 men at first skirmishes and second battle which ended in losing nearly a thousand troops in the process. The leader and the noble doesn't like it, if they stay here a little longer, the armies of neighboring settlements will going to trampling them with overwhelming number.

When they about reached the plain, only a kilometer away from the town. They are already within the range of magic casters and magical enhanced archers.

"Prepare for attack! Mages began chanting! Archers synchronize with the mages attacks!."

"Mages and archers! Let——!."

Boom! Boom!

Explosions resonates throughout the area, dozens of fireballs slammed on their armies.

Another round of something that cuts through the air slamming on the ground, shattering it to pieces and threw debris up on the sky.

Boom! Boom!

"What's happening?! Put the shield wielding troops forward! Mages set up all round barrier magic!."

The shield wielders of the private army form up like an armored tortoise, the mages meanwhile made a glass like barriers to protect them from attacks currently happening right now.

The barriers tanked the magic attacks, and they finally identified the perpetrators.

"Southeast! 4,000 paces! A mage floating in the sky! Shot it down!."

"Archers! Mages!."

"Let Loose!."

Hundreds of magic bolts and arrows rained down on the mage floating in the sky.

"Ancient magic: Gravity Spheres." (Great Sage)

Several black orbs surrounded the mage.

"Collapse." (Great Sage)

All inside the 150 meter radius range of the magic was immediately crushed by intense gravity. It's like being crushed by the pressure equal to 100 tons of weight.

All of the tangible projectiles was drawn downwards, however, the magic bolts without any mass was unaffected.

"Intermediate class magic: Multi-layered Shields." (Great Sage)

Several hexagonal barriers manifested in front of the mage and tanked all of the magic bolts which exploded in a flashy way.

"Too many...."  (Great Sage)

The person sighed, and prepared to attack once again.

"Intermediate class magic: Fire Lances." (Great Sage)

"Intermediate class magic: Rock bullets." (Great Sage)

The person was a rare multi-chanter of the Jade Order Knights, and the Great Sage at the same time.

"Hmm? A large magic signat—Boom!."(Great Sage)

The mage who currently attacking the large army was got hit by a magic bolt of the enemies. However, it didn't break it's sturdy shields.