Vol. 1 Chapter 17: Lack of Common Sense

Town of Palt

Back on the suite of Sistiene whom currently holding her head. The reason is, due to my apparent one sided victory against the thousand man forces, not only that happened within an hour of fighting.

"Hey Liam." (Sistiene)

"What?.." (Liam)

"My apologies being rude but ...Are you really a human?." (Sistiene)

Ops.... Not really? An AI is the right answer.

"I am human, definitely" (Liam)

"Really?." (Sistiene)

"Why are you questioning my humanity here?." (Liam)

"It's not normal to defeat 1,000 enemies on your own, you know." (Sistiene)

"I know... I'm just lucky, hehe." (Liam)

"Of course it's not all about luck!." (Sistiene)

She was fuming, lol, she's kinda cute, wait ? What the hell I'm thinking, she ain't cute at all!

"Why are you angry? It's not biggy you know." (Liam)

She rubs her temples, also, the butler and maids have complicated reactions.

"Does you even have a common sense?." (Sistiene)

"How rude, of course I have." (Liam)

"You annihilated a thousand enemies, defeated a former A rank, slaughtered countless more, not to mention in brutal fashion, it's not normal no matter how you twist it." (Sistiene)

"....." (Liam)

Okay? How should I deal with her?

"What's your plans once our engagement got cancelled?." (Sistiene)

"Once our engagement got cancelled huh? Maybe doing some low-key jobs or establishing some business in Speiza." (Liam)

We haven't even announced our engagement, but it's a little bit far ahead. Whatever, my plan of pushing towards a business establishment in Speiza are still on the priority list.

"Why not became a vassa--." (Sistiene)

"I refuse." (Liam)

The hell you're recruiting your essentially future ex fiancee here?

"I could offer better job flexibility or ..." (Sistiene)

She cuts her line.

"Or?." (Liam)

"Nothing." (Sistiene)

She suspiciously smiled at me.

"Okay I'm going to check my equipments." (Liam)

"Hmm." (Sistiene)

Sistiene nodded on my words, and set me off with a smile. Well she ain't  bullshitting or taunting me so I contained myself to not annoy her for a moment.

At the inn

I'm looking at the inn, finally, the people there have returned.

"Yo." (Liam)

I called the girl called Anne. She was the daughter of this inn, she was surprised by my calling though and immediately run towards me and bowed deeply.

"Thank you for saving me and my brother!." (Anne)

"Don't sweat it, here, my pay on the reconstruction of the inn, I destroyed a part of it after all." (Liam)

I gave a bag of golds and silvers, I don't have anything lower than silvers so it can't be help. When I finally hand it over, the bag slipped on the hand of Anne, seems she didn't anticipated the weight of bag at all.