Vol. 2 Chapter 13: Glimpse of Power

I would like to introduce this esteemed gentleman. He is Liam Iserlohn, my fiancee.

I knew they were in a relationship from the start. Thanks to Lady Sistiene's careless announcement, I was in a daze as if my brain had stopped functioning and also, for some reason, my heartaches. My hands couldn't help but grasp my chest. My eyes began to cloud as if I was going to tear up.

Without a second thought, I began to face the main door. I want to go out. I don't want to see Liam or stay here. "Where do you think you're going?" Amelia and the other knights were surprised by me and tried to stop me, but I continued anyways until Amelia forcefully clutched my hand, and when I faced her, I felt my tears begin to flow. She definitely saw my pathetic face right now, evident by how Amelia opened her eyes wide and promptly let me go. At that moment, no one stopped me, and I didn't dare look back either as I continued to run from this place.

I flew through the sky and continued to get away from that place, running from reality... until I reached the forest outside. Then I look at the cold, lonely night sky here, where a breeze of wind blows through every corner of my body.

.....

Mother, father, sisters, brothers... I want to go home... I want to see their faces again.

As tears began to flow in my eyes, an unknown high-pitched noise resonated, followed by something that landed with a powerful thud, kicking dust that obscured the sight and causing tremors in the surroundings.

Naturally, I put my guards on as I prepared to deploy my chantless defensive mana barriers, then looked at the location where something landed, where I saw an ominous pair of crimson eyes permeating through the cloud of dust, with light manifesting on its back like a wing.

I felt dreaded and threatened by this creature. I can't grasp whether it's a human or not, if it's an enemy to be attacked or not. The silence lasted a few seconds, but it felt like an eternity to me, but that creature lost its wing of Light and its crimson eyes has faded to void. However, it began to walk on me and slowly emerged in the obscured sight.

"No need to feel threatened, I bear no harm. I was sent here by my Young Master's order, Lady Charlotte."

Then, a familiar person in maid's clothing appears but carrying an unknown metallic object at her back. I also could see a wing-like blade, where I next noticed it was folded and had a weird contraption throughout it. The maid probably noticed my expression, which should definitely be painted with curiosity and confusion, speaked.

"I am Serene, head maid of my Young Master Liam, the current head of the Iserlohn family. I believe this is not our first meeting with, Lady Charlotte, and if you're wondering what it is, This is Type-105EX Striker Lift Apparatus, which features a plasma-powered jetpack and an integrated foldable wing with weapon, munition, and multipurpose tactical hard points... I was forced to mount this because you're way too fast to be chased in a conventional way." Because Charlotte didn't care and continued to fly at over 400 kilometers per hour, Serene was forced to use a powersuit-jetpack hybrid load out to chase her. Although she could catch up if she ran on the ground, she immediately concluded that Charlotte might not go down, so she chose the optimal option if that happened when she did not come down to talk. This also resulted in Serene promptly equipping a heavily armed Type-105EX, in short notice without modification, being armed with a flexible shoulder-mounted twin-barrel 35mm railgun and a single hip-firing plasma launcher, not counting the hard points, which are riddled with tactical miniaturized drones, micro missile launchers, and energy and physical base rifles strapped on the wing. Its speed is not a joke either despite the weight and number of aerodynamic hindrances placed on the jetpack, it has an impressive top speed of over 900 kph, nearly reaching the speed of sound.