Vol.1 Chapter 9: Mercenary Guild

Morning at the inn

After a month of goddamn manic events. I'm here in front of old timer to settle the things he asked on me.

"The objectives aren't bad. But i need something in return." I unintentionally parroted the request of stupid dragon that rampaged in my territory yesterday.

"Hmm? What it is? Money, fame or position?."

"Nah.... I'm hoping if you could pull some strings for me to enter in Speiza."

The archbishop thinks a while then answered.

"You meant a recommendation letter?There's almost no need for such thing as long as you have money or anything with high value, even pirates and slavers are welcomed in the country due to the wealth they delivered. But just in case, I could use some of my influence there to make your plan or whatever you are trying to do there as smooth as possible."

"Then it's a deal."

"Don't bothered, as long as goddess wish will be fulfilled."

"Well.... Goddess huh?."

"Yeah, by the will of goddess Alumina."

"Is that so? So what should I do?."

"Can you attack anywhere on this world?."

"It is not impossible to attack anywhere or anytime but there's some limitations you see."

"That would be enough, however can you tone down the destruction?."

"Yeah, I could adjust the firepower."

The archbishop, looked on Adel then the holy knight magically conjure a map. He spreads it on the table, revealing the vast territories of Imperium, seconds later, adel began to explain.

"Those marked with X are strongholds of scums in the church, the dense red tint are scum's laboratories, blue are allies, green are being lead by scums but the soldiers are decent, and lastly purple which denotes on a decent commander but having a bunch of lowlife subordinates."

"Laboratories?."

"Let me explain it further. Laboratories for prohibited human and demi-human experiments."

"Gross....disgusting."

"Truly, for the strongholds are fortresses or cathedral with elemental shields, making them near impossible to be destroyed without a powerful penetrating or super large scale destruction magic."

"So? I just need to destroy all of them?"

"Yes, that would be the ideal plan, can you manage it?."

"Within a month, I could map out the places to accurately target it."

"Can't you do it now? Like what did you do yesterday?"

"No, that case is special, I needed to establish my kill chain before attacking multiple targets, I might get a retaliation, I needed to be prepared."

"Kill chain? Are you killing them consecutively?"

"That's--no that's wrong." Liam laughed bitterly on his reminiscent on what transpired yesterday.

Yesterday, a few hours after the attack, Iserlohn

"Those looked interesting! I don't feel any magical powers so how those things move?."

A girl in black dress are talking restlessly. She is the ancient shadow dragon that annihilated a quarter of Liam's forces in Iserlohn. Currently, she transformed into a human teenager  and presently looking at robotic arms, drones that flying around in the production facilities, and bunch of holographic images floating in the air with glittering eyes.