Vol.2 Chapter 15: Internal Trouble

Iserlohn island, Territories of Liam

The hangar was filled with over 150 odd mixes of late-twentieth-century F-14 Tomcats and early-twenty-third-century multirole space-use 3rd generation stealth aircraft, VF-141 Apache III. I am currently in my default appearance as a human-looking android, currently strolling around as I dragged Noel for a walk.

"Why I am here?." (Noel)

Noel frowned as I dragged her out without a warning from her room, and now he is completely displeased by it.

"For a walk, you need exercise." (Liam)

"Seriously, Liam? Is that supposed to be a joke? Playing games is more important than exercising." (Noel)

I joked, but Noel didn't like it. Did I make it sound like I was serious? Obviously, as if an abnormal dragon who has stayed for thousands of years in the vacuum of space needs some exercise and this damn idiot has different priorities.

"Can we go out for a sec?." (Liam)

"Are you asking me for a date? Is that a date right?." (Noel)

Noel, who learned some strange words from the games she played, playfully tried to tease me. Unfortunately, I'm an AI. I don't have feelings. I can't really feel anything from your teasing just now.

"Don't dream." (Liam)

I expressionlessly shut her down, which made her pout. Then she stretched her arms like wings and she gracefully turned around like a kid.

"Now we're we going?." (Noel)

"Outside to let you get some fresh air." (Liam)

"I don't really need to breath." (Noel)

"You're a living thing." (Liam)

"Then what about you?." (Noel)

"I'm not." (Liam)

"Then we're the same." (Noel)

"You have flesh, blood, sense of feeling of a living thing, alive, and not like me, a mere computer built from various metallic compound and what so ever ." (Liam)

"You're such a pessimistic guy." (Noel)

"I'm not, I merely stating the fact." (Liam)

"Did I say something uncomfortable?." (Noel)

"Nope, not a bit." (Liam)

The ground trembled slightly as I was dragged unwillingly Noel outside my territory. Then, on the horizon outside, one of the mountains began to split apart, and something noticeable extended in the middle of it, a long dark metallic pillar that towered over 500 meters.

"Your territory is really weird." (Noel)

Noel exasperatedly looked at the mass of unknown structures that were hidden under the mountains of my island.

"Don't call it weird, call it unique and sophisticated." (Liam)

"So what the hell is that?." (Noel)

"You missed it quite a lot of times, I already used it since you arrive here, it was called mass drivers, designed to accelerate my spacecrafts without a need of rocket boosters." (Liam)

"I don't understand a thing." (Noel)

Still, despite my explanation, Noel looks at my mass drivers with curiosity. Well, even people from early 21st century civilization would likely gawk at this structure. Much more so against a race that has yet to know what a rocket is, but ironically, they are pseudo spacefaring kin due to their weird racial trait boosted by the so-called magic.