Chapter 25

Chapter 25:

From the last chapter... Cause I haven't updated in a while TT

What am I supposed to do with this two year old! I covered my cheeks with my ice cold hands to cool it down a bit as Cole stuck close to me like glue. After I calmed down a little, I looked up closely at his face. I'm going to admit that Cole could be the hottest man alive and could even beat me. However the idea of why no-one really knows about him keeps nagging my mind. Someone as amazing and powerful as him should be known kingdom-wide right?

While I was deep in thought while staring at his sleeping face. I saw Cole open his eyes. He looked at me and smirked, "Aren't you going to sleep, or are you going to continue looking at my face until morning," Quickly shifting my eyes down from his face, embarrassed, I turned around and with my face facing the wall, I dozed off.

___________

I squint my eyes open as I look around the room to hear clashes as blades crash onto each other. I quickly got out of bed with the sounds of men huffing and puffing and entered the bathroom section in my tent.

This reminded me of the life I had as an assassin in my past life. The life where we woke up early to jog and spar. Everyday... a daily routine. The feeling of death within yourself and from the people around you. Although we lived to kill. We were basically dead ourselves. We lived to serve our king... my adopted father. Who if he had said to kill, we would obey and if we questioned his actions our head would become the next target. We could not speak for ourselves and we were not living our life but instead living a life of being a slave, a puppet. Although we were feared by others we never felt anything. Our senses were completely shut off as they were all removed as soon as we passed the test. Thinking about it made me feel dead on the inside again as I clenched my hands against the bathroom sink.

When I looked back up at myself in the mirror I hiccuped in shock. My eyes were red, the same dead red eyes from my past life. Think happy thoughts... happy thoughts... Rainbows and unicorns.

Slowly my eyes infused back into blue. Noticing this I sighed in relief.

Just as I was about to head out I noticed that Cole was gone when I woke up. Where could he have gone?

"JUSTY, Hurry up!" I heard Samuel whine through the tent, "Let's go warm up!"

"Ok! Coming!" I shouted back, and I quickly used mist to disguise myself as Justin.

As I stepped out of my tent, Samuel jumped in and put his arm on my shoulder, "Bro, didn't know you'd be the last person awake." Smiling his cheeky smile he continued to blabber off about the most random stuff that I didn't care about.

We began to do our morning warm ups and practices as I was deep in thought as to how my eyes could turn red when I didn't even do anything.

"Hey did you hear apparently someone saw the demon king here last night, they said they noticed his golden ey-"

"WHAt did you say?," I stopped running as I stared down at my feet to hide the horror in my eyes so Sam didn't notice anything wrong with me. "What did you just say, Samuel." I looked back up and stared at Samuel in desperation as I prayed I heard it wrong.

"That watermelons taste better than honey melons... like why is honey melons called honey melons when they're aren't even yellow they're gree-"

"Not that Samuel, I am very serious right now... What did you say about the demon king?" I stared so hard I could feel my eyes starting to turn red again.

"Oh that... Yeah apparently a few hours ago someone left a message to Kerian that the demon king has golden eyes. It might not be true though as we don't know if the source of information is reliable or not. But it is the only hint we have of the demon king's appearance" However even though I tried to hide it, he still noticed the amiss in the atmosphere and asked "Why? What's making you so tense? Did you see him too?"

I stared back.. Shocked. Speechless. What could I say? All I know is that Cole's distinct eyes keep flashing within my mind. All the questions in my head about him clicked one by one. Like light switches flicking off every question in my mind that was unanswered. You get an answer, you get an answer, and you get an answer.

Sh*t.... Was all I could think of. I messed up big time.

"Hey Sky, did you know about this"

I waited for a few seconds but nothing came back. I could not sense his presence or his weird squeaky sound against my ears or in my head. 

"Hello?.. Sky?" I asked again.

Did he disappear? Where would he go without telling me... I thought.

Just as I was about to go around looking for him, a whoosh of smoke came up my nose coughing from the harsh smell of smoke I followed the smell. As l did so, I raised my head to look up and my eyes widen in shock as a cloud made of fire came heading towards our camp.

"That's cheating!..." Samuel says as we both stare at the fireballs raining down upon us.

Soon we heard someone running towards us, as he stopped in front of us out of breath. He looked back up at us...

"Come on! Stop staring, we got to go take action." Maxwell said in the middle of being out of breath. Samuel and I quickly snapped back and ran back with Maxwell to get in position with the others.